install Taller Valve Covers

turbojitsu85

Is there a trick to getting these on the motor with it in the car? Just took my stock sized ones off last night and thought what a pain it's going to be to get the GN1's on with the motor in the car. Any advice is much appreciated.

Take the heat shield off the heater box, it makes life much easier.

For the GN1 valve covers on the pass side I removed the heat shield as suggested and also removed the
hard water heater lines...drivers side is no big deal

check the lenght of those bolts, make sure they are not too long. Had this happen with my new T A covers. Had to trim about an 1/8 off the bolts:mad:

Thanks for the replies guy I mocked them up last night and looks like I'll definitely have to hake that heat shield off the heater box almost looked like the turbos heat shield was going to get in the way during intall to.

I bought a car that was sitting for a long time and went through it and swapped a bunch of stuff including hr parts stuff motor mounts and the last thing I had to do was valve covers and for the life of me I couldn't get the stock covers off so I finally dropped the rear of the driveshaft and undid the tranny mount bolt to crossmember then jacked up the back of the tranny to tilt the engine forward and that worked for me