You can type here any text you want

Intake manifold tract airflow distribution...

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Where would the be the best place to measure the charge air temp?

Finally opened up this motor today... Cylinder #1

Attachments

• IMG_1303.JPG
    IMG_1303.JPG
    308 KB · Views: 123
Piston & deck surface...

Attachments

• IMG_1301.JPG
    IMG_1301.JPG
    278.4 KB · Views: 110
definitly looks like excessive alcohol in stream washing the back of the intake out.

I wonder if just for demonstration reasons,

if somebody could flip the dog house around and force boost in backwards, if the tracks in the intake would reverse itself or not.

definitly looks like excessive alcohol in stream washing the back of the intake out.

I wonder if just for demonstration reasons,

if somebody could flip the dog house around and force boost in backwards, if the tracks in the intake would reverse itself or not.

I believe it would wash 1&2 then. Some seem to forget you have 24psi or more of air pressure in a 2 1/2" pipe carrying this liquid into the doghouse. If you inject too much alky, expect this.

I believe it would wash 1&2 then. Some seem to forget you have 24psi or more of air pressure in a 2 1/2" pipe carrying this liquid into the doghouse. If you inject too much alky, expect this.

so were on the same page, now with that in mind.............

wouldnt you agree that maybe its not so much a alky to air volume problem, as it is a dog house shape problem.

This type of issue reminds me of the blow thru problems i was having with cheap carb hats. the fuel and distribution was all over the place. I got a proper carb hat and the situation dissapeared.

I think the dog house being a "Flat 90*' is the problem. the air needs to head straight down. IN MY HONEST OPINION............ flame away~!:D

so were on the same page, now with that in mind.............

wouldnt you agree that maybe its not so much a alky to air volume problem, as it is a dog house shape problem.

This type of issue reminds me of the blow thru problems i was having with cheap carb hats. the fuel and distribution was all over the place. I got a proper carb hat and the situation dissapeared.

I think the dog house being a "Flat 90*' is the problem. the air needs to head straight down. IN MY HONEST OPINION............ flame away~!:D

Attributes to it yes I agree! No flaming from me!

Pump gas and alky 25-32 psi stock heads and intake with a power plate. Looks better huh...

Attachments

• IMAG1155.jpg
    IMAG1155.jpg
    766.9 KB · Views: 112
  • IMAG1151.jpg
    IMAG1151.jpg
    976.4 KB · Views: 96
  • IMAG1150.jpg
    IMAG1150.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 117
  • IMAG1147.jpg
    IMAG1147.jpg
    626.6 KB · Views: 94
This car had a powerplate and a Precision plenum...

K.

Pump gas and alky 25-32 psi stock heads and intake with a power plate. Looks better huh...
I would certainly like to know how much normal street time was put on the car before the pics were taken. It's sort of like reading plugs. You won't get an accurate read if you idle the car back to the pits after a hard pass.

any idea as to how much total alcohol was being used in the car during run time?

if it had the power plate, it had to just be pissing alky in to clean it that much in the rear........ im wondering of the quality of the alcohol now..... maybe it had stuff in it that just wouldnt vaporize.... like water...... or bug cleaner.........

I would certainly like to know how much normal street time was put on the car before the pics were taken. It's sort of like reading plugs. You won't get an accurate read if you idle the car back to the pits after a hard pass.

It had very little. I would say 100 miles or less mainly highway and some of that was "alky on" time. After the 32psi passes it came home and the owner ordered a new turbo. I put it on and he went for a short test drive at 18-19psi. after that he drove it to our hot rod garage and my buddy upgraded the rear brakes. He drove it a few blocks at the same boost and the owner took it back home 20miles or less. Drove it back to the "shop" and said "I want a little more power...:D" After that my buddy and I tore it all down in the car to do heads, cam, intake and some cosmetic upgrades. Then the trans decided enough is enough:rolleyes: .

Back