Intake manifolds

One of six nitrous nozzles that I designed and manufactured, and a hold down clamp.

Attachments

• IMGP1304rs.jpg
    IMGP1304rs.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 673
The hold down clamp in position on the nozzle.

Attachments

• IMGP1305rs.jpg
    IMGP1305rs.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 662
The nozzle installed on the intake manifold.

Attachments

• IMGP1306rs.jpg
    IMGP1306rs.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 678
One more for tonight. This pic shows the support plate on the inside of the plenum for the blowoff valve.

Attachments

• IMGP1308rs.jpg
    IMGP1308rs.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 666
This is what happens when a transmission technician builds an intake manifold. :tongue:

holy cow!! that is one gorgeous piece of fab work. The welds are gorgeous, the manifold is gorgeous, and my favorite...the Nitrous nozzles are gorgeous! :D great work man! subscribing!

I did a rough calculation of the intake plenum volume including the lower and upper sections, and it came out to around 250% of the total engine cylinder displacement.

The injector boss hold down plates extend over the intake gasket to help support it in case it has any ideas of blowing out.

Attachments

• IMGP1312rs.jpg
    IMGP1312rs.jpg
    89.6 KB · Views: 688
Injectors in place and the air bleed plumbing routed tightly between the injectors and the nitrous nozzles.

Attachments

• IMGP1315rs.jpg
    IMGP1315rs.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 695
The nitrous oxide and fuel distribution manifold spider.

Attachments

• IMGP1321rs.jpg
    IMGP1321rs.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 677
Nitrous oxide tuners will love this picture. Yep, six of them.

Attachments

• IMGP1322rs.jpg
    IMGP1322rs.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 692
The nitrous distribution spider installed.

Attachments

• IMGP1323rs.jpg
    IMGP1323rs.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 698
Another view of the crowded mess. This is called space management. :biggrin:

Attachments

• IMGP1324rs.jpg
    IMGP1324rs.jpg
    89.5 KB · Views: 677
Wow. Nice work. I dont know that much about nitrous, but those look like some big jets. Did you make this yourself or have it fabricated?

:eek: I've seen a pic of your engine before, but I would have never imagined all the detail in the intake manifold! I knew it was unique, but man!!:eek: ! :eek: ! :D

Wow. Nice work. I dont know that much about nitrous, but those look like some big jets. Did you make this yourself or have it fabricated?
All with my own hands.
You can't judge a nitrous jet by that top opening. The actual feed orifice is down deep in the jet. Generally, the number stamped on the jet is the size of the orifice in thousandths of an inch. One .030" nitrous jet is good for around 50hp.