Intercooler comparison

87GNcospg

Send your Donations
I am sure this has bean beaten to death already but the search function isn't very functional. maybe i am just bad at it.

What are the pros and cons between the GN1 front mount and the RJC?
Price is the biggest difference but is there a proven quality difference between the two?

Which RJC, he has 3 FM ICs?
Mark, any performance data from the GN1 SLIC to the FMIC?

I looked at all of them. The GN1 Extreme is a good bit bigger then the PTE front mount.
The GN1 Super Extreme is just about the same size as the RJC IC-325.
I chose the RJC IC-315XTF. I like the core design for the amount of street driving. I didn't want to drop big $$$ on a front mount and then find out my operating temps were too high to enjoy my car like I'm used too. Plus the 315XTF's posted potential is just about exactly what my new build is stacking up to be. Taylor fit almost.
I would not be afraid to run any of the GN1's either, I just really liked everything about the one I chose.

I've run both the GN1 super extreme & now running the RJC 325. RJC is a tad bigger and has a heavier core. No temp issues on the street with either on my application.

I dropped 40 degrees with the gn 1 of marks over the pte.was going through the traps at 165 now never been over 127
I'm sure Jasons is top notch also.I don't drive mine on the street to much so no real issues for me on that.The ic weight was about 25 lbs heavier than the pte also dropped 1 psi from 26 to 25.
When my car was going 10.30s with the stock rotating assembly the pte worked fine .I had a gt 70 p on it then

......What are the pros and cons between the GN1 front mount and the RJC? Price is the biggest difference but is there a proven quality difference between the two?

With a 63 turbo I doubt that you could even tell any difference in performance between the 2?

I use the RJC max unit with a 70 mm turbo, and running a high 9 sec. pass in this weather my inlet air temp is 10-15 degrees less at the finish line than when leaving the line. :)

With a 63 turbo I doubt that you could even tell any difference in performance between the 2?

I use the RJC max unit with a 70 mm turbo, and running a high 9 sec. pass in this weather my inlet air temp is 10-15 degrees less at the finish line than when leaving the line. :)

Then the GN1 is probably the best choice especially considering the price difference.
I appreciate everyones input.

Id do a stock location with a 63 Turbo street driven
Im looking for a good PTE SLIC too cause I don't care for the inlet bend in the GN1 SLIC for a friends car. I will shoot you a PM about your switch this week about the switch you made. I have a few questions and dont want to HJ this thread. SLIC are underrated, and FMs look so damn good!