You can type here any text you want

intercooler talk.....front mount, rear mount, stock!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
The neck is larger and has a better 90 degree radius which in return increase flow. If you notice pretty much all the aftermarket stock location IC's have a bigger neck at the inlet. Dutt found that out years ago, like other Buick V6 tricks he can call his own. ;)

so, doesnt that sorta drop the air velocity goin into the throttle body? sorta like the "puttin your thumb over the hose with no nozzle" theory? isnt that better flow lowerin' your air speed?

Wow what an old thread.....

Someone said the stock IC is good up to 25 lbs....hhmmm....

Well I'm sitting at 23, I'm itching to crank her up a few more lbs. I know it will do it. I would like quicker spool up too.

But I've heard that really the Dutt neck mod is old outdated technology. I'm sure it works though due to the bigger opening. Though how efficient is the tube and fin design of the stocker against let's say a PTE SLIC with a 2.5 inlet/outlet?

I'd like to find an IC to replace my bone stocker. Perhaps I should just keep an eye out for a Dutt necked stock IC?

intercooler

You can't go wrong with a dut neck. After that I would just spend the money and get thw precision slic. That's one hell of a nice piece if I do say so myself

I bought a Duttweiler-necked intercooler recently from a board member and installed it just today. I took my car out for a couple of test drives and I can tell you that there is a noticable "seat of the pants" acceleration difference between the Dutt neck intercooler and my stock intercooler. Boost seems to come up quicker to me....

Nothing scientific by any means- Just my observation.

John

Stretched stockers such as the Keith Mease, Jackson etc. intercoolers also work with good cores and air leak tests as they are only available in used units.

Same with a V4 stock location or a thunder fab.

All good with an alky. pump gas car. :cool:

Then again so is a Dutt. neck one if you spray enough alky.

A good thing is, when you go with a new one the used Dutt. necked one brings a good price used. :smile:

Just to let you know you are always going to want bigger and faster so buy the one that is going to match up to a big turbo.Buy once and forget it.Believe me you will spend alot of money buying different intercoolers.

I have run 28 psi through a SLIC with the neck. Was the intercooler holding me back a little? Probably, but it sure didn't feel like it. :biggrin:

How is that duttweiler neck attached to the intercooler>?
Tig weld? Arc, mig Weld? just curious

Thanks

Back