Interesting Fuel Pressure Increase!

Nick Micale

Tech Advisor
Staff member
This week I have been upgrading one of my daily drivers and removed the stock engine with a built 4.1 which will be converted to e-85.

A while back I installed one of our custom billet fuel sender using the stock lines and the fuel pressure was set about 45-50 PSI.

The fittings on the fuel sender were changed this week to -8 supply and -6 return, and the appropriate braided lines were used.

The -8 supply line was connected to the stock fuel rail using one of our new adapter fittings, and the internal opening of the connection fittings are double the stock line.

The return line was connected to a Kirban regulator in the stock location with a custom made adapter for the -6 fitting also with a larger internal opening.

I was astonished when the pressure gauge was at 75 psi which was easily dialed down to the original figure!

The stock lines have a serious handicap with line crimps and fitting GM used. The stock fuel rail is more than adequate for LOTS of fuel supply as we have modified the inlet on the stock rails for years by welding on AN fittings.

We now have a simple and easy bolt-on method to increase fuel supply to the engine.

I am a simple person and think that way, so I ran the supply line on the pass side and up along the back of the valve cover.

The return line is on the driver side and also runs up to the rear of the VC to the regulator.

My flip phone does not take pictures, I need to wait for one of my friends help before I can post them! :rolleyes:

Nick,
As much as we have, and continue to learn from you, maybe we should all put in some money in a gofundme account for a phone upgrade? (Joke)

I was able to get a couple pictures to show the installation!

The rubber line for boost pressure to the regulator will be replaced with a metal one which attach to a fitting on the rear of the intake.

fuel line 1.jpg
fuel line 2.jpg

That should wake up the nay sayers that don't believe in upgrading the fuel lines! What filter are you using?

The filter is a high performance Fram HPG-1 mounted on the frame in front of the rear end housing.

With -8 inlet and outlet and a big element, there is no fuel restriction there!

Nick, I will second your thread and state with unrestricted fuel lines and your sending units I can run both DW301 at the same time and achieve base fuel pressure of 43 on E85, and for experiment sake I have been able to lower my pressure to 35psi with both pumps running. Factory lines are very very restrictive.

The filter is a high performance Fram HPG-1 mounted on the frame in front of the rear end housing.

With -8 inlet and outlet and a big element, there is no fuel restriction there!
Nick do you have any plans to market this in a kit form?
Ray