intermittant issue....sd2....caught a log finally,please help

any ideas anyone?im thinking of running a seperate hot wire to the computer,to see if it helps any.anybody know which one is the main power?

I would run a new wire from battery to ecm to replace the orange wire. Also ign power from the fuse block, can run a hotwire from
m the battery as well and have a relay triggered from switch ign source.

I would run a new wire from battery to ecm to replace the orange wire. Also ign power from the fuse block, can run a hotwire from
m the battery as well and have a relay triggered from switch ign source.
the last thing i did was pull the starter and the wires from battery to starter.i looked at them real close,looking for burns or cracks.they were all in great shape.after putting it back together,for some reason the car wasnt resetting at idle.just at a wot now constantly.so the wire to the ign you are talking about seems like a good idea.without having to look it up in the book,does the wire to the ignition come from the starter?directly to the switch on the column?or fuse block first?
thanks

The fuse links from the starter power the fuse box..ign switch. Follow them they go down the firewall under the wiper motor. I just broke down and bought a new harness for mine for similar issues. I am at a loss I have tried everything.

Check all pins in the module female connector. I've seen intermittent connections cause similar problems. Bend the pins with a small pick for better contact. Id also check the harness for bad splices and tap ins. You may have a short to 12v or a signal wire shorted to ground 5v or 12v. Here's what you see when you start digging:
12a7e9c19df4418a6dcd325e71173901.jpg
0d3b7e195ec5df2bec40aab3fd79a22f.jpg
1062060f006483e828e2491fafa13b0f.jpg
1a8e67beae0ecb29932090ccde2869f7.jpg
69f029bb0808c3796ee805a4ef80a823.jpg

BPE2013@hotmail.com

Definately hack...my car has no such issues. New cables harness has been opened up to the ac box. No issues.

I been finding allot of corrosion inside the ecms. Mainly the chip sockets but also where the chip sockets are fixed to the board. Don't forget to check the calpak chip as well. Clean off any corrosion and use a little dielectric grease on the chips.

Rick

i sent my computer with chip/powerlogger to eric and he couldnt get it to reset one time.none of my wires are in that shape at all.
their are splices that ive made that im going to have to go over with a fine tooth comb.going to run some temporrary bypasses to find the exact culperit.

I been finding allot of corrosion inside the ecms. Mainly the chip sockets but also where the chip sockets are fixed to the board. Don't forget to check the calpak chip as well. Clean off any corrosion and use a little dielectric grease on the chips.

Rick
Xavier is having a similar issue with his car too....FML.... damn buicks:D

yesterday i decided to cut off the factory orange plug from the battery to the computer,it feels a bit soft.i used a jumper wire from the top post of my battery.all the sudden it caused it to do that idle rough and die.so today im going to start looking around that area by the relays and map sensor stuff.wish me luck!cross your fingers.it hasnt run like this since the beginning of this issue.

yesterday i decided to cut off the factory orange plug from the battery to the computer,it feels a bit soft.i used a jumper wire from the top post of my battery.all the sudden it caused it to do that idle rough and die.so today im going to start looking around that area by the relays and map sensor stuff.wish me luck!cross your fingers.it hasnt run like this since the beginning of this issue.
Try bypassing the factory harness and run your own 12v wire to the ECM.

BPE2013@hotmail.com

i see a bunch of tar looking stuff on the relays(fuel pump)is this normal?

yes where it plugs in

update on my issue.........
i purchased a new harness and the injector harness from caspers.going to go through all the wire swith a fine tooth comb.try to rule out a wire issue.pulled intake and tapped for new aem 3.5 bar map sensor.was thinking of tapping the iat also but need to find out what i have to" tune around for alky"