intermittant issue....sd2....caught a log finally,please help

it looks like the ECM is resetting (rebooting), if you look the stock O2 gets momentarily set to .443 which happens at reset.

im not sure whats causing that though. what version of the sd2 are you running?

Bob
i just found a log from when it wouldnt stay running because it seemed flooded,and the whole time its .443 even after it starts to run(crappy)for a few seconds its .443

Attachments

• wontstayrunning7.dat
    125.8 KB · Views: 60
that one has bad MAP sensor data (bad connection or the like), the data resets in that log are normal, as the ECM does a reboot when the engine stalls (this is normal)

Bob

i fixed the grounds good,on back of motor.started it idled then just cut out.
started then took for a cruise,everything good.stepped on gas it popped then ran like crap.got it home and idled in the driveway for a couple minutes .hers the file the iac counts are 0.then all the sudden the car revs up by itself and the iac starts counting again.
hopefully this can pinpoint where the bad wire is or device thats failing?it also got a code 51 when i stepped on it.
the 13 dat is the file that it was running fine then in middle of drive it throws a code.

second is the idle when the iac starts working all the sudden

Attachments

• QuickSave.013.dat
    1,015.1 KB · Views: 69
  • iacoffthenrvsupandiacstartsworking.dat
    84.6 KB · Views: 61
so i walked away for a couple weeks and finished another gn project.back to my baby.
bob why would when i put any advance in the tune page,it makes the computer at wot lose everything.its really seems to be something in the chip.tonight i reset the chip to the stock setting.the car stopped rebooting the computer.as soon as i put 1 deg of timing in the tune page it just drops off at wot.i take the timing out and it runs fine .?here is a log where with the timing it screws up and then change the advance,it runs fine.

Attachments

• QuickSave.022.dat
    780.4 KB · Views: 82
Sounds kind of like what I have been chasing since 2011 after I added the powerlogger. I have active threads on here about it as well.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

Sounds kind of like what I have been chasing since 2011 after I added the powerlogger. I have active threads on here about it as well.

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app
Ive had powerlogger for years now.started with the 5.7,6.1, then the sd1.I didn't start having the problem till the sd2.
I can actually make the drop on the logs, if I change the timing reference adjust.I just figured this out though.

have you checked the pins going to the ecm on both plugs .have you reseated the prom .i dont own an sd2 but have a maxeffort and found a problem in the past with these items

have you checked the pins going to the ecm on both plugs .have you reseated the prom .i dont own an sd2 but have a maxeffort and found a problem in the past with these items
yes,ive done both.everything seems ok.i have another computer and tried to switch the powerlogger and chip but couldnt get any data to go through that one.all of the data was 0.put everything back and back to square one again.

hers the file the iac counts are 0.then all the sudden the car revs up by itself and the iac starts counting again.

In that file, you shifted from park to drive. It doesn't look like it happened randomly.

The ECM is resetting at WOT for some reason. I can send you another chip to try out, in case something weird is happening there.

On the spark advance issue, I'm not sure what you mean there. Are you saying when you add spark advance on the big spark table?

If you want, send me an email, and maybe I'll have you send the PL board and chip to me, and I can check it out.

Eric

In that file, you shifted from park to drive. It doesn't look like it happened randomly.

The ECM is resetting at WOT for some reason. I can send you another chip to try out, in case something weird is happening there.

On the spark advance issue, I'm not sure what you mean there. Are you saying when you add spark advance on the big spark table?

If you want, send me an email, and maybe I'll have you send the PL board and chip to me, and I can check it out.

Eric
yes that sounds like a good idea,at least i can eliminate that thanks.shoot an email through your tt website?

Eric
when i put timing on the tune page,parameters,timing reference adjust,i get very weird trouble codes under wot.

when i put timing on the tune page,parameters,timing reference adjust,i get very weird trouble codes under wot.

I could be wrong but..... I don't think you need to be messing around with the "timing reference" adjustment. That adjustment is only there to be tweaked if you balancer is out of whack. If you want to make timing changes you should make them on the big timing table!!!!!

I could be wrong but..... I don't think you need to be messing around with the "timing reference" adjustment. That adjustment is only there to be tweaked if you balancer is out of whack. If you want to make timing changes you should make them on the big timing table!!!!!
your probably right,but my thinking behind the adjustment is its their for cars that are off on the initial timing.which is why i messed with it in the first place.i didnt find anything anywhere on the sd2 chip online discussions or in the book,that would explain it.so like always im experimenting with it.and thats what happens in my situation.hopefully someone else that has adjusted this setting can chime in and say that it shouldnt throw codes that never came up before the adjustment and never comes back after putting it back.
it definitely smoothed out the around town driving considerably.
maybe its the combination of parts on my car that cause this?who knows maybe the sd2 and tr6 dont like that adjustment.just spitballing now.

IMHO you should set it back to zero and leave it there unless you know your balancer is out of adjustment.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

It says right in the manual that its purpose is to compensate for balancers that are out of adjustment.

Sent from my QMV7A tablet via Tapatalk.

yes mine is 2 degrees off.retarded
but i had to put it back,it started throwing different codes....one was bad chip socket or something like that,another weird one that i never had before or since.

Last edited:
i sent my whole computer,powerlogger and chip to eric for a check.he couldnt get it to have the problem im having,which to me means that that part is ok.
when it idles and the computer dosnt reset while idling,it seems now that only @wot does it reset,just instantaniously.just falls flat.
kinda makes me think maybe the fusible link to the computer is going bad?is their a way to test it.something like that ever happen to anyone before?