You can type here any text you want

is there a mod to give the cam sensor gear more oil?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
So does using the composite gear work if ,I don't do the mod to oil the cam sensor gear or is this just a temp fix?

Sorry about the video guys.
Apparently the background music was unauthorized. :rolleyes:

Fwiw. . . This is the oiling hole on a stock style cam.
On a billet cam, this hole is NOT present and it is advised that oiling provisions are made regardless of the gear used.

Hope this helps.

Screenshot_2015-04-09-07-36-07.jpg

20150413_193904.jpg

2015-04-11 22.16.49.jpeg

Last edited:
I have Lee's oil nozzle set up on my cover. In the picture you can see the nozzle. I make sure when I prime the oil pump that the oil is hitting the primer shaft in the correct spot to lube the gears. I found out the hard way that I didn't have the oil hitting the gears.

Oil nozzle.jpg

Ok guys one last question about the roller cam ,I have a ductile roller not a billet so is it on both these cams there is oiling problems on the cam gear and cam sensor gear?? Mine is running ok no problems and have had the new cam in for last 3 yrs ,I don't drive it every day just some on weekends but no problems yet. Is the composite gear better than the bronze gear? Looked at a comp cam video of what gear to use with what cam and it said composite for mine anyone that can help me before I pull the sensor.

If ductile and no problems, I would leave "well enough" alone.

If running a ductile iron cam you will have no problems, if your running a billet roller you need a bronze gear, other wise it will wipe out the cam gear, as this is standard with any billet roller in any engine as the billet gear will wipeout the iron distributor gear even with extra oiling, especially when street driven.

Back