You can type here any text you want

Is there anything I am missing???

• Thread starter Thread starter coach
  • Start date Start date

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
C

coach

Hey Guys,
In my never ending quest to stay poor, I was just wondering if there were anymore items I could possibly add to my chassis to make it as solid as it can get? Dont say roll-cage, im not doing that to this car.
Heres what I got.

1. Front frame brace
2. Front cross braces
3. GNX rear seat brace...welded in place
4. RJC rear engine brace
5. All new body bushings...including the missing ones
6. GNX body bushing over rear axle
7. HR motor mounts
8. HR tranny mount
9. Fully adjustable chromoly upper and lower trailing arms
10. HR sway bar
11. Bilstein shocks
12. Air bags installed on both sides...Dont think I need them anymore, but they are there.
13. 275 ET streets
14. Moser axles
and last but not least, a Vince Janis Stage 2 200 with Stage right trans brake.

What else??? If anything...

Thanks
Coach

Do they work that good? I could put them in next week. The tranny is coming out and a new PTC going in.

Hey Mark,
On a side note. There is a thread on Yellow Bullet about the STREET MACHINE NATS in DuQuoin, Ill coming back. City council is talking to the events co. that runs it. Did you ever make it there with your Pro Street car? If it comes back, my blown 62 will awaken and get out of the garage for the first time in 10 years. I miss the 4 day weekends with all my friends from all over the country and Canada. I grew up with the Pro Street movement and man do I miss it. Sad to say, but no one builds cars like that anymore.

Cross your fingers!!!

Made out there before I pro streeted the Chevelle. Was red back then with a tunnel rammed 427 with nitrous. Freaking hottest weather ever. Was 106 degrees. Lots of boiled over street machines all over the place. Still had a good time though. Long haul from CT. Went to the SMN in Indy a few times starting in 1979, then they moved it to Springfield IL which I went to and finally DuQoin.

We were Hot Rod Super National guys, in Canfield, Ohio. I went every year from 1989 to 2003. Its gone now just like DuQuoin. The area started another weekend show at Quaker City Dragway, that is gaining speed. Its called The Steel Valley Super Nationals. Its racing and show. The local town of Salem ( about 12 miles from Canfield) rolls out the Red Carpet for the cars. After 3 pm, no regular cars are allowed in town. The business all put out sidewalk sales and restaurants serve sidewalk and curbside. Its very cool.
If you were ever at Canfield, and cruised 224 and A&W...know this, they tore down the A&W last month. It made enough $$$ to survive all year, that one weekend and then its summer cruises. Take away the Nationals, and it struggled for the last 4-5 years. Now its gone.

Oh yeah! Went to Canfield twice with the Chevelle when it was pro streeted. Remember the A&W well as long as the cruise on that street. Was there in 91-92 I believe. First year I was there, the legendary Gray Baskerville (RIP) shot the car for HOT ROD magazine. Ended up with a two page color feature in the mag about 18 months later!

I had my 62 there for the first time in 91. It was just a 2x4 409 with some wheels. I tubbed it out in 94 and went back in 95 in primer and won Best Under Construction. I took my Max Wedge car after that. I got Best Mopar 2 years in a row in Hamburg at the Street Machine Nats East. I won the Best Under Construction there too in 95 and 96. I finally painted the car in 98 and they stopped having DuQuoin. Bummer.

Took my gn to DuQuoin from 89 to 93 had a lot of fun the first few years.

Ok Jeremy.
Hey Mark,
I ordered the HR crossmember bushings this morning and Paul's wife is going to drop them off at Janis' transmission shop for me. Now that's Top Notch Service.

Back