Is this used stuff I bought even useable?

............ He sent it to me back before Thanksgiving... I didn't open it for awhile.... because it is deer season.... and I work during the week... and go to deer camp on the weekends..... from the week before Thanksgiving until mid January..... that's just what I do.... so the car has sat over there motorless... I haven't touched it since before deer season started.... now I am bout to get back on it to get her back together.

Lou,

I explained why I haven't touched them.... the only thing I did was take a few pics of the box shortly after I got it.... The properties on the jpegs I took say October 29. That is when I took them. No I didn't immediatly unpack them... I was concerned about the holes in the box.... that is why I took thos pics. I did get around to opening the box (like I said... working during the week some long hours... hunting on the weekend left no time to work on the car). I probably should have opened the box right away.... but I wasn't that worried... because I had already done business with you before.

Please respect my frustration.... I have tried every way I know how to get in touch since I realized these parts were damaged.

I'm Sorry But I Do Understand Your Frustration That Is Why I'm Talking To You. I Would Like To Be Fair About It. I Will Go Down To The Ups Store First Thing Monday And See If There Is Anything They Can Do And If Not I'm Sure We Can Come To A Fair Agreement. Just Give Me A Couple Of Days To Work On It And We Will Stay In Contact. Is This Ok?

....... WHAT HAPPEN TO THESE PARTS FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS, WAS THE BOX THROWN AROUND THE GARAGE ALOT.

One thing I will not do is to throw a box around so I can try and get money from a fellow board member. I have never had any issues with anything I have bought or sold here on the board. I do not like your tone... suggesting I would do such. I appreciate you coming forward. Hopefully a solution will present itself soon.

I'm Sorry But I Do Understand Your Frustration That Is Why I'm Talking To You. I Would Like To Be Fair About It. I Will Go Down To The Ups Store First Thing Monday And See If There Is Anything They Can Do And If Not I'm Sure We Can Come To A Fair Agreement. Just Give Me A Couple Of Days To Work On It And We Will Stay In Contact. Is This Ok?

Yes.

First Of All You Have To Tell The Whole Story. .......... I Told You From The Begining I Sold My House And Was Cleaning Out The Basementand Did Not Have Room For Alot Of My Parts In My New House.. ......

I never knew you were moving or relocating.... you just said you were cleaning out the basement.....

What was I to assume?

I do have an email from you on 10/22 saying the parts were shipped..... and my pics I took of the box were 10/29. I can send you the original high res pics that show this date.....It wasn't until some time later I actually took the stuff out of the box. I saw the scuffs on the pistons... and knew that was no good....
Later... when I was home for a few days at Christmas.... did I look at everything close enough... and started thinking I need a second opinion on whether the stuff was any good or not.... that is when I started the thread in the engine tech forum.

Engine Tech Thread

I never mentioned your name or attempted to drag your name in the mud. I just referred to you as a fellow board member.

Re:thought

Just read everyones thoughts. Not using names, but did those parts go out with that much carbon? Forget the box and time.7 dollars could have put it in a plastic box. If it wasn't used, after receiving it. The parts look like the motor took a hammering.
Your moving,I feel does not entitle you. To send parts that are that messed up. But do what you think is fair.
I wouldn't blame the shipper.UPS. I would blame the boxer.
My father is a machinest. Also for 8 years I hung around a shop.That did rebuilds.It looks like the crank might take a .010 cut. But those parts can't be out of a 40,000 mile car.I saw a crank one week old.Come back broken.After a rebuild.
To do right. split what can be save. JMHO. I buy lots of used parts.
Never saw carbon build up from a move.........We should all stick together.
Again, My opion...............Rob...I got beat on a motor in '06. So I know.

I talked to my buddies at the local UPS store I use and described this packaging. They said it should have been double boxed and the rods/pistons separated via the use of triangled cardboard and other methods of the sort. The folks at the UPS stores are trained in packaging and they told me that if they packaged this, they would honor the claim themselves if UPS denied the claim.

I don't see why a few bucks spent by the shipper to have a professional package the stuff is that big of a deal when the peace of mind knowing a thread like this won't happen. Not trying to start a pissing match, but I think the buyer should get a full refund of his $$ PERIOD!!!!

bump.... sent wickedtt an email response on Feb 13.... haven't heard back..... Come in Lou......

I haven't seen any response as to the true mileage of this motor. 40k? Yeah, I'll buy that one........ c'mon man, you mean 140.

I haven't seen any response as to the true mileage of this motor. 40k? Yeah, I'll buy that one........ c'mon man, you mean 140.

well it really doesn't matter now ... :redface: Blazor can ya salvage the parts ??? :confused: ya I know ..spending more $$$ to see if you can even "use" it is not fun :(

well it really doesn't matter now ... :redface: Blazor can ya salvage the parts ??? :confused: ya I know ..spending more $$$ to see if you can even "use" it is not fun :(

I was hoping to get most of my money back... because the only thing IMHO decent is the rods.

What do you think a std/std crank is worth that looks like the above pics? I'd be willing to sell the stuff and accept enough refund from him... that the two combined was what I paid for the parts....

bump.... sent wickedtt an email response on Feb 13.... haven't heard back..... Come in Lou......

Here it is March 1..... I haven't heard from him since Feb 7 at 10:25 AM. He has not responded to my reply on actually 2/12 at 11:17 PM.

Anybody feeling my frustration? :frown:

He hasnt logged in here since the 5th. I think you can probably forget it.

Here it is March 1..... I haven't heard from him since Feb 7 at 10:25 AM. He has not responded to my reply on actually 2/12 at 11:17 PM.

Anybody feeling my frustration? :frown:

ok Ill try to cheer you up :eek: as far as the crank goes my Mazda motor that was in Melissa's GN that ran 10.10 @ 132 was a 20/20 crank .. we just ripped that motor apart to see how everything was holding up after a 9200 mile beating and a lot of low 10 sec runs .. motor looked fine .. :p :cool:

agreement

Just thought I would bump this TTT.

Lou agreed to give me my money back. I sent him the parts back, and he sent me a money order. I got it. He made good on the damaged parts.

Thanks Lou.