Is this used stuff I bought even useable?

Not trying to start a Pi--ing match here, but if that crank will clean up at 10ths. cut I'll eat it. Do you realize that's 5ths. per side? NO WAY !!! :eek:

Not trying to start a Pi--ing match here, but if that crank will clean up at 10ths. cut I'll eat it. Do you realize that's 5ths. per side? NO WAY !!! :eek:

Ill eat one half if you eat the other :eek: no way thats goin 10/10 :redface:

Looks like the only thing usable in that mess is the rods... and they'd probably need recon'd anyway. Everything else is garbage.

Chalk it up as a learning experience.

It sucks when an idiot doesn't have the slightest idea how to securely package critical items like that. :mad:

I sold a cam, lifters, pistons on the rods to a member. When he recieved them one of the pistons had a crack in it. I made a FULL refunded and filed a claim with UPS..they denied my claim and it was packed better than that.

Damn Brian, I hate to see that this happened. The 100k pistons out of my car looked new compared to those.

If he sold you that sh!t and said it came out of a 40k motor...chances are he was planning to screw somebody over anyway.

Take that crank by Geoffs shop and he can tell you for sure if its able to be salvaged or not. I think Randy might have a 10/10 crank he would part with.

I hope it works out your way buddy. I got a new phone and lost my numbers. Gimme a holla sometime.

chris

The crank is most likely usable if it is ground 10/10. Even if there is a pit that goes a little deeper, it won't hurt anything. The rods look usable, the pistons are junk. No way there from a 40K motor. I pulled mine apart at 152K and looked brand new compared to those.

I would be suprised if it wouldn't clean up at .010/.010. Would be interesting to see.

Would you buy it with it being advertised as a 40k mile crank that came out of a wrecked GN that was running fine....that might just need a polish.... but will definately go 10/10......

I didn't think so.

Looks like the only thing usable in that mess is the rods... and they'd probably need recon'd anyway. Everything else is garbage.

Chalk it up as a learning experience.

It sucks when an idiot doesn't have the slightest idea how to securely package critical items like that. :mad:

Not worth the money to have something 'maybe' clean up. Pistons are very bad, may clean up, but integrity of the pistons has most likely been compromised.

Unfortnately you've just attended the school of hard knocks when it comes to buying used parts. Not your fault. I think I read you spent $290.00 (?)...if so, just put all that stuff in the corner, try to get your money back and move on.:mad:

Would you buy it with it being advertised as a 40k mile crank that came out of a wrecked GN that was running fine....that might just need a polish.... but will definately go 10/10......

I didn't think so.

You may be right, but I would have also gotten pictures 1st.

You didn't ask if I would buy it, you asked if it was junk.

You may be right, but I would have also gotten pictures 1st.

You didn't ask if I would buy it, you asked if it was junk.

Point taken.... I should have gotten pictures..... the only reason I wasn't sweating it... was the fact that I bought my 5 disk vigilante from him a year ago... and there was no problem.....and it was over twice as much $$ .... I assumed if he were trying to pull one over on me... it would have been more fruitfull to have got to me on the converter.....

I still want him to come forward and tell me something :frown:

ouch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!. i would ask for my money back you cant sell sh*t like that . he should have told you what condition they were in.

Hey Brain are you goin back standard on your motor ,if so I have a set of pistons and I agree with chris best thing to do is run that by crank jax cylinder head let geoff ck. it out and quit wonderin . I can help in dept. too if need be, let me know if I can help.

Later Randy

shop number 601-587-7705

That's interesting. I am told at the UPS store I used that if packaging is incorrect they will not honor the claim. I pay them to package my stuff I send out so if this ended up at this poor guys doorstep, they would have no choice to honor the claim.

You.. you are 100% correct. They would deny that claim.

Hey Brain are you goin back standard on your motor ,if so I have a set of pistons and I agree with chris best thing to do is run that by crank jax cylinder head let geoff ck. it out and quit wonderin . I can help in dept. too if need be, let me know if I can help.

Later Randy

shop number 601-587-7705

Wassup Randy....

I heard your GN is flying...... congrats...

I am not going back std bore. I got a 109 N/A motor from the junkyard that is going to need a bore. I bought a set of used TRW forged .030 over pistons I am going to run. The junkyard 109 I bought was a goodwrench SG1 block..... stock replacement engine.... and it had the turbo rolled fillet crank.... which polished up perfect.... std/std...... so pretty much I am going to have a stock bottom end sans the TRW's and the 204/214 cam..... Hopefully my project will start to move again in the next week or so.... I haven't touched it during deer season....

-Brian

First Of All You Have To Tell The Whole Story. You Purchased Those Parts In Mid October And The First Time You Tried To Contact Me Was In January. I Have The Emails To Prove It. Not Around Thanksgiving. If Any One Received A Box In That Condition From Ups They Would Have Immediately Contacted Me Or Ups. I Could Of Put In A Claim At That Time Because Yes It Was Insured And Was Shipped Through The Ups Store And They Would Of Not Accepted The Box In That Condition. Obviously From The Look Of The Box And The Condition Of The Parts Something Happen During Shipping. I Know For A Fact They Did Not Look Like That. They Came Right Out Of The Motor Wiped Clean And Packaged The Day I Shipped It Because It Was A Short Block That I Was Saving. I Told You From The Begining I Sold My House And Was Cleaning Out The Basementand Did Not Have Room For Alot Of My Parts In My New House.. I Have Not Been On The Computer For Over 2 Months And You Can See That. I've Been Busy Working On My New House, I'm Sure You Guys Know How That Is, The Car Has Been Locked In The Garage

I CAN UNDERSTAND YOUR FRUSRATION IN TRYING TO CONTACT ME BUT I HIDE FROM NO ONE, WE ARE TALKING ABOUT $250 WORTH OF PARTS. I'VE DEALT WITH PEOPLE FOR YEARS ON THE BOARD AND NEVER REALLY HAD ANY PROBLEMS. WHAT HAPPEN TO THESE PARTS FOR THE PAST COUPLE OF MONTHS, WAS THE BOX THROWN AROUND THE GARAGE ALOT. YOU HAVE TO UNDERSTAND MY SITUATION ALSO YOU RECEIVED A BOX ALL TORN UP AND TELLING ME YOU DID'NT EVEN OPEN IT TO LOOK AT THE PARTS AT ALL,IT TAKES 5 MINUTES TO INSPECT THEM, I KNOW I DO AFTER I SPEND MY HARD EARNED MONEY AND THEN AFTER MONTHS SMEAR MY GOOD NAME ON THE BOARD AND I'M NOT SURE WHAT YOU EXPECT ME TO DO. .AT THIS POINT I DON'T KNOW WHAT WE CAN DO TO BE FAIR.:mad: