ISAC window switch

VIN7

What would be good values to enter into Window 2 to autosave? Stock cam so shift points are around 5000 and max boost is around 26lbs.

With the default settings I'm recording the burnout, staging and a portion of the quarter mile run. It is so much data because of staging that it truncates the actual WOT portion that I captured.

Thanks.

Here is a log file

Logfile

Attachments

• ISAC 18May2011 3.zip
    287 bytes · Views: 61
Couldn't you just hit F5 on the return road after safely braking, and capture 40 seconds of data which should be the full run, staging, and perhaps the burnout data as well?

you could set the window boost threshold above whatever boost you get during the burnout.

also. it can't trigger if ICC is not communicating with the ISAC, so you could just hit the spacebar after you've finished the burnout.

Bob

The ISA file is the tune settings file.

The ISL file is the log.

An autosave creates both, so that you can always check what your settings were when the log was saved.

try setting the TPS max to 5v and the RPM max to 8000, then set the boost min at 15 psi, and the boost max at 35.

The autosave happens when the Window Switch "un-triggers"

Bob

The ISA file is the tune settings file.

The ISL file is the log.

An autosave creates both, so that you can always check what your settings were when the log was saved.

try setting the TPS max to 5v and the RPM max to 8000, then set the boost min at 15 psi, and the boost max at 35.

The autosave happens when the Window Switch "un-triggers"

Bob

Ahhh, I see. I was using max boost (I had it at min 0, max 15) as the trigger threshold i.e. I thought it worked like this...boost had to exceed the max threshold to "arm" the trigger and set the trigger once it came back down below the max value.

Now I see that it works like a true "window" switch, either drop below the bottom of the window or exceed the top of the window will trigger the autosave.

If I have all three (boost, tps, rpm) set up do all three windows have to be violated in order to trigger or will one violation be enough to trigger? Based on your example above it seems that if any of the windows is violated that triggers autosave.

Thanks

all 3 conditions must be "true" for the window switch to activate.

So, any of the 3 conditions not being true, deactivates the window switch. (which triggers the autosave)

Bob

This thread has been very helpful. To clarify one point, I have min and max for TPS, RPM and boost. I'm guessing set the max all super high and the min in the trigger range, then when I let off the autosave will work. Something like this:

Max TPS 5
Min TPS 2
Max RPM 8000
Min RPM 2000
Min Boost 10
Max Boost 35

Then does the file automatically save in your ISAC folder somewhere? BTW, the more I get to know the ISAC the better I like it -- boost controller and alky are now working (not quite tuned with any precision yet but working.)

yes, when the window switch de-activates, the autosave is triggered. The file is named based on the date, and the current settings are saved in an ISA file of the same name. They are saved in your ISAC folder.

Bob

yes, when the window switch de-activates, the autosave is triggered. The file is named based on the date, and the current settings are saved in an ISA file of the same name. They are saved in your ISAC folder.

Bob

Is there a way to keep the autosave checked?