You can type here any text you want

Issue with Comp #980 valvesprings?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1KWIK6

UNDER PRESSURE!!!
I measured 32 Comp #980 springs on a calibrated fixture today. Comp rates the seat pressure as 91# @ 1.700". However, I found that they ranged from 80-84# @ 1.700". I added the stock cups and found the pressures ranged from 94-96#.

Has anyone else measured these and found the pressures to be lower than advertised? I'm tempted to run them with the cups to get the pressure where I need it to be.

I measured 32 Comp #980 springs on a calibrated fixture today. Comp rates the seat pressure as 91# @ 1.700". However, I found that they ranged from 80-84# @ 1.700". I added the stock cups and found the pressures ranged from 94-96#.

Has anyone else measured these and found the pressures to be lower than advertised? I'm tempted to run them with the cups to get the pressure where I need it to be.

Yes. Typically id shim till i was at 105lbs@1.7in. in most cases. Only time i wouldnt is if it was the stock cam.

Thank you, Bison. What pressure would you shim them to for a stock cam? I was going to drop them in with the cups (~95# seat).

Back