Its Battle Time..Me vs 500 hp (Supposedly) RX7??

Haha, well, if you can find me someone with a metallic blue 87 Turbo T (with manual chrome side mirrors--one of only 5 made from the factory) that runs 10's, then ill do the switcharoo on the fool...Wow, that would be funny...ill even give the guy money to let me do this....

Originally posted by BASS
Haha, well, if you can find me someone with a metallic blue 87 Turbo T (with manual chrome side mirrors--one of only 5 made from the factory) that runs 10's, then ill do the switcharoo on the fool...Wow, that would be funny...ill even give the guy money to let me do this....
Going on the assumnption (sp?) "he may not notice the mirrors,for that matter the color,Dark Met lloks black sometimes ,,just put your plates on the 9sec car list above ,,:D :D :D

Originally posted by turbonatr
10.46 at 130mph assuming 2900lbs. and 500rwhp.

There you go... And let's say 3100 with driver and he's bull****ting and only running 400 rwhp. My calculator still says 11.5's at nearly 120.

Peter

pay some hot chicks to flash him right before you two launch, he will be 3 or 4 seconds behind you IF he dosent stall the car and your ex will beat the liven crap outta him for looking.

I had a buddy who had a 95 RX-7 twin-turbo that he had gone through pretty well. It pulled really hard off the line, and I was with him one night when we smoked a C-5 Vette. The cool thing though was that the guy always wanted a GN and respected them. I think it would be a close run, but don't bet the paycheck:D

I've seen a GN w/PT52, Precision FM, MSD50's, THDP, ported heads, and 3000 stall kick the crap out of a "500 (make believe) hp" 3rd Gen. RX-7 that actually pulled 418rwhp on a dyno. Sure, 418rwhp, but like 280ft/lbs. That GN must've been close to 400hp/600tq and had a huge traction advantage on drag radials. Stomped the RX-7 hard, over a half second in the 1/8mi., but the RX-7 was really stating to pick up speed at that point. But its like a Supra, the ET isn't great, but the MPH is insane, and they are FAST going flat out.

i've raced a few of those year rx-7s awhile back. they were mid 11 sec cars in the 400 hp range and when i say they had thousands into these cars i kid you not. i was in the low 13's at the time and i hosed them off the line with slicks but they flew past me by the 1/8th mile. they are good top end cars too. if you both were running similiar et's at the track i'd give the edge to the gn on the street.

The 500 hp is probably 200 at best. Kids who talk about horsepower rather than et have no idea what they are talking about anyways.

It probably isn't much faster than a stock RX7 so how fast are they?

Your car is likely a mid 12 second car at best. There are a lot more slow GNs at the tracks than fast ones.

Your ex couldn't care less if you race or not.

You can only make yourself look stupid by hunting him down.

If you find him and win...so what.

If you find him and lose...so what...he's still going home with your old girlfriend.

I say move on and let it go already Louie. Just my opinion...no flames intended.

Blownz, Im not hunting him down, I just know ill probably run into him at the track. It seems to me that he thinks he's all that with that rotary junk, and I want to put him in his place....But I think your right, he probably is all talk, so I wont have anything to worry about anyways. By the way, with the mods im putting in, I should be runnin mid 11's easily I would think (with the addition of a higher stall converter and slicks...)

I would not run a TE44 if you plan on racing someone that says they are at 500 hp, even they are b.s'n you, bad choice.

IF you are going to run ported heads, go minimum PT67 in the .63. You will most likely take him out if you can hook and you have a decent tune.

Rotaries are not junk by the way, check out a few guys named Abel Iberra= 7.875 at 143.34
Ari Yallon= 10.868 at 129.85 (street tire winner and pretty much wins every event he enters)

I aqgree with BlownZ. You really want to show this clown up AND your EX, go find a hotter girl to go to the track with you. That will piss her off way more than any race you could beat her new boyfriend in. If you did win he would come up with a boatload of excuses anyway. I wouldn't shy away from him if you did see him at the track but I wouldn't even bother racing him. Time slips do all the talking you need to do. If you watch him run and he runs low 11's and you only run mid 12's then what? He would easily beat you. Stick with my plan, find the hottest chick you can and convince her to come with you that day.

If you find him and lose...so what...he's still going home with your old girlfriend.

if you find out that you can beat him make sure you put a "sloppy seconds" window banner in your rear window.