You can type here any text you want

Joe Gibbs Racing Oil

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1987 Grand National

Has anyone used Joe Gibbs Racing, Driven motor oil? They claim high zinc, phosphorus, and sulfur. It's expensive but if I don't have to buy the little bottles of ZDDP than it may not be that bad. I am currently running Brad Penn with one bottle of ZDDP. What do you guys think is best?

i have been thinking about switching to the brad penn oil myself, the engine shop ill be getting from recommends i use a 20w 50 weight for my buick grand nat, considering i dont have the best oil pressure either, around 15lbs hot @ idle but it does climb as throttle climbs,, what ya'll think??

10w30 oil. :mad: 20w50 is like molasses, no need to run that heavy an oil unless your bandaiding loose bearings, or loose gears in the oil pump.

Has anyone used Joe Gibbs Racing, Driven motor oil? They claim high zinc, phosphorus, and sulfur. It's expensive but if I don't have to buy the little bottles of ZDDP than it may not be that bad. I am currently running Brad Penn with one bottle of ZDDP. What do you guys think is best?

1/2 bottle ZDDP with Brad Penn Oil.....a full bottle is too much.
If you do a search, I believe that you'll find that's what Richard Clark and Dennis Kirban both recommend. That's what I run and have not encountered any issues.

I don't like the idea of adding zinc. Let the refinery do the blending. I definitely wouldn't add a ZDDP additive to either of these oils. They're blended to give your motor the protection it needs.

Anybody compare the quality of both oils? I am not telling that brad penn oil is not good but i want to know the extra advantages of other brand if it is expensive so there should be a other advantages also.
I don't think you could measure the difference. Use one and stay with it.

Number ONE is, ALOT of the new brand name oils claim to have ( HIGH ) zinc and phosphorus levels in thier oil. BUT do you know of ONE that gives you any numbers? is it enough ? It seems like the Brad Penn might have high enough levels of it from what Bill at Webber has posted here.

I have to ask...can there be too much?(zddp) i imagine its just overkill with BP or JG... I read that it(zddp) can degrade some? So i felt a little extra might be a safe-gaurd. Especially for me running 110 seat pressure and a flat cam.[/quote]

Great info re;PPM...thank... i learned something today:) Will save me some $ too.

Back