just bought a gt500

Congrats! My wife's friend in California (she used to work for Carroll Shelby) has an '07 that's white w/blue stripes. I got to drive it on our last trip down there. Even with no engine mods, that car is a frickin' BEAST. Doesn't feel like 4000 lbs. at all. I'm addicted to the blower whine...guess that makes me a traitor, too. :D

...a white gt500 with blue stripes is in the showroom. OK i like this combo. So i bought it.

You lucky!...;) Ever since the new 2010 mustangs came out I've been wanting one. At first, I was thinking about getting a "GT" convertible, but now after being told by several people that I should get a Shelby since I keep them for a long time...", I'm now more and more tempted to get one...Now, the only problem is that I gotta sell my '02 Thunderbird first...:rolleyes:...but one thing for sure...if I'm going to buy one, it'll absolutely have (for me) to be a convertible and second, it'll have to be "Grabber blue" like the one pictured below!...
Hope it will happen one day...:rolleyes:

I think Ford is blowing GM and Chrysler out of the water nowadays. Those new Mustangs are awesome! Wish Buick would have built the new SHO's but GM is so far behind I dont think they'll have an answer to it for a long time.

Good looking car for sure.

Just posting this here because I can't in kill/fish stories yet.

The air here this morning was 55 degrees with low RH so I took the T to work.
Driving on a 3 lane road with the window open I hear tire squeal and V8 rumble in traffic so I start looking around and see a new silver/black stripes Roush Mustang making his way through traffic a couple of cars behind me.

He (40 something) gets alongside and with his pasenger window open gives me a thumbs up. Red light after red light we can't get a break so we just talk. He just bought it a month ago. He's seen the T run at G'ville raceway and wants a piece but not today. Too many vehicle out here and we are not stupid.

We both yell out nice car as I make my right turn into the hospital and he toasts the tires from a 10 mph roll.

Car guy for sure!

Mikey

What kind of markup are on the regular GT500's? I'm sure it varies but on average nationwide.

It is very hard to get under 4000 pounds with all of the safety requirements. If it seats 4 and has 500 hp it will be around that weight. That includes Ferrarri, BMW etc. Just the way it is now.

The '09 GT 500's are awesome...VP of our mustang club has a red/stripe delete one with the usual bolt-ons, KR wheels and hood. Making an easy 530-540 rwhp and fairly rare.....1 of 15 Torch Red/stripe delete cars.

HP Performance did a tune only on a 2010 GT500 back in July...made 506 rwhp, then ran 12.5 @ 123 in the heat at Gainesville, on the factory radials. Pretty dang stout IMO.

Think one of my favorite local GT500's is this monster....752 rwhp and Jim drives it all over the place, with the a/c blasting and stereo cranked.

100_3545.jpg

this car is a beast

ok so at 250 miles i put in a cold air kit with a ecu flash. I also added magnaflow muffler delete axle back set up. nice at idle, then mean as you get into it. Let me say this, with the traction control off and on these stock tires, the car is scary. Scary fast, Scary fun but also scary that if i don't peddle it out just right i'll be looking at corolla taillights. They are a little tricky to hook up. I think i'll be buying drag radials. no pics yet.

2010? You know they have cold air kits from the factory, right? JLT does make a sweet carbon fiber inlet tube for them tho.

gt500

i went with steeda's kit and sct tuner. I didn't know much about the other vendor's out there and i had bought alot of their mustang stuff. We'll see how they stack up when i take it back to the dyno. They "claim" as much as 97 hp with what i did and 144 hp with pulley.