Just converted but....

gn.87

Time Capsule
ok folks. Need some help. Just switched to E85. So far I installed the DW300 fuel pump, racetronix Hotwire including the intermediate in tank wires, TT chip, 80 lb injectors, caspers volt booster, and an adjustable fuel pressure regulator. I'm using the stock lines and can't get the fuel pressure below 52lbs at idle. We set it with the line off. Can I drive the car this way? What would the long term and short term affects be? I see people are at 42/43 lbs at idle. Advice please.

Right now I have the stock heads, turbo, inter cooler and down pipe. I will be switching all these shortly to a 6262 precision turbo, 3" down pipe, and RJC front mount intercooler.

The high base pressure won't be a issue as you can tune around it and will actually take the 80 pound injector further then a base of 41 or so. As long as the pump can keep up which it will in your application you will be fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

The high base pressure won't be a issue as you can tune around it and will actually take the 80 pound injector further then a base of 41 or so. As long as the pump can keep up which it will in your application you will be fine. I wouldn't worry about it.

Thanks bud. Appreciated.

ok, so now I just need to install the scanmaster and monitor the knock and all the other things while under WOT. Correct?

Take a look at the fuel return line where it connects to the bottom of the regulator and also where it connects down near the frame. It's probably "squished" causing the tube to orifice itself. You can drill it out and the fuel pressure will come down.

This topic has been brought up many times including myself. I tried drilling out the fittings on my return line which did nothing. My car ran pig rich (couldn't adjust fp down from 50) and the solution was a new return line dash 6 all the way from the regulator to the tank. Easy to do. Now I have complete control of my fp. Last time out at the track I had to turn the base fp down to 40 psi to get the car to run right which it did.

This topic has been brought up many times including myself. I tried drilling out the fittings on my return line which did nothing. My car ran pig rich (couldn't adjust fp down from 50) and the solution was a new return line dash 6 all the way from the regulator to the tank. Easy to do. Now I have complete control of my fp. Last time out at the track I had to turn the base fp down to 40 psi to get the car to run right which it did.

I read through most of it. I just wanted to ask if it was safe to drive around. I understand that if I start to run higher boost I will need the adjustability of the fuel pressure. I might try to drill out the stock lines.

Ditto to LSType, I had same results with similar pkg. (see sig) ! The additional fuel needed for E-85 creates this and the larger return solves it. Even for just driving around this evens out the flow and makes all better. You never want to chance flooding the cylinders !

Your not going to flood the cylinders with higher base pressure...

fired up the car the other day and now all of a sudden we are idling at 42lbs of fuel pressure. Nothing was drilled or changed. It just happened all on its own. :)

Im running e85, 80#s, dw300 on my hot air car. Stock fuel lines, im pretty sure my fuel pressure is down to like 45 or slightly lower with vacuum line on.

Wideband car idles at 14.7 when warm

Allot of your base fp can depend on weather the car is hot wired or not. If I bypassed my hot wire at the tank, my fp came down and was adjustable. Of course that was not ideal so I just converted the return line to a new dash 6.

If I bypassed my hot wire at the tank, my fp came down and was adjustable
Boy , that's a perfect example of how inadequate the stock fuel pump wiring is . Your pump was probably running on 10.5 - 11 volts to change fuel pressure that much . Yeah , keep it hotwired for sure .