You can type here any text you want

just got let a 1987 buick grand national

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jpdakidd

Sorry I'm new to this so please don't hate on me. I was wondering what I could do to get the most hp out of my car with just bolt on's? Please help

using the search function is a good start... i don't say that to be a dick or anything- it's just that there are so many ways to make your car as fast as you want with different levels of reliability and they've all been covered many times over...

Understood I was just wonder what I should start with just the simple bolt ons that will make the best power
using the search function is a good start... i don't say that to be a dick or anything- it's just that there are so many ways to make your car as fast as you want with different levels of reliability and they've all been covered many times over...

first thing to get is a good scan tool like the powerlogger. fuel system upgrades are a very close 2nd.

go to www.gnttype.org and read some of the performance recipes.

learn to tune it! a good tune will take a mostly stock car fast. X2 on the scan tool and fuel upgrade,that would be first on my list

High hp means nothing. Relax there young buc. No one means disrespect. Just trying to set you on the right path. Do some reading before posting questions. The answer(s) have been posted many times before. Before you start bolting parts on, check your engine to see if its running good. That way you don't overpay on a turd or make a perfectly good block and car into a turd.

Sent from my iPhone using Turbo Buick

Being yound doesn't have nothing to do with it.... I'm not stupid I have done compression checks took it to a local shop it runs like a champ.... Hp does matter its my project car so I'm experimenting.... I work on cars all the time I have a 12 sec Honda I no its not the same but I know how to work on a car
High hp means nothing. Relax there young buc. No one means disrespect. Just trying to set you on the right path. Do some reading before posting questions. The answer(s) have been posted many times before. Before you start bolting parts on, check your engine to see if its running good. That way you don't overpay on a turd or make a perfectly good block and car into a turd.

These cars are 12second tuned with a few bolt ons dr's are stock...... Well good luck with figuring out. With your attitude you won't get far here. I hate to stereotype but you prove a point in the stereotype. I won't say more.

You don't have to be on my thread like I said I was new at this.... Bye
These cars are 12second tuned with a few bolt ons dr's are stock...... Well good luck with figuring out. With your attitude you won't get far here. I hate to stereotype but you prove a point in the stereotype. I won't say more.

Being yound doesn't have nothing to do with it.... I'm not stupid I have done compression checks took it to a local shop it runs like a champ.... Hp does matter its my project car so I'm experimenting.... I work on cars all the time I have a 12 sec Honda I no its not the same but I know how to work on a car

If it "doesn't have nothing to do with it..." then it has everything to do with it. I was young and a newb on here too. Everyone here wants to help you but you need to realize your Honda knowledge has little to do with your Buick and that many here have been there, done that. Be humble; it'll get you further, and not just with your Buick. ;) I know plenty of good Buick guys that can't work on anything else.

Good luck and we're here to help.

I appreciate all the help I just didn't like how the guy came off and I stated I know my Honda skills are diffrent then working on a Buick and I am humble I hair don't like rude people being you is noting some of the most successful people with there builds are you it just matters about knowledge.... Thaks for the advice
If it "doesn't have nothing to do with it..." then it has everything to do with it. I was young and a newb on here too. Everyone here wants to help you but you need to realize your Honda knowledge has little to do with your Buick and that many here have been there, done that. Be humble; it'll get you further, and not just with your Buick. ;) I know plenty of good Buick guys that can't work on anything else.

Good luck and we're here to help.

One other thing, if you could please proofread your posts, it would make it a lot easier to read. Good luck with the GN.

No doubt... The smarta$$ attitude just earned you my first KMA award of the day...............

Watch out.. we have sensitive ppl on here.. when you have nothing else to live for.......
There is an 'ignore' option on here for such members.. I have used it frequently (but its more fun to laugh at them ! )
roll over their avatar.. click and hit ignore

and for you bitter 'old timers'.. wtf .. I have seen the same questions posted so many f'n times I lost count... attitude through the roof... this guy seems legit .. so you 'high horsers' don't reply, go type somewhere else.. I've seen so many armchair mechanics here I could puke... forums were designed to help.. not to power trip.. you impress no one.

Back