You can type here any text you want

K- mart/Wal-mart

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

jlat

hello people; I get confused between the two and there's no K-marts in my area. On the news last night was a pc. on one of them that's making it a strong choice in getting more things made in the USA in there stores.. The rep talked about rising costs for delivery and it's not as profitable for them. They talked about alot of work for the US.
I hope they make it happen.
IBBY

Wally World is hiring 100, 000 vets is what was released on the news yesterday.

Remember when Wally Mart used to put sign up on items made in America? No signs like that lately. They will only switch if it makes them more profit and ONLY more profit. The rest is a PR campain. Ya, every Vet wants to work for $6 an hour part time with no benifits for them. It would make more sense hiring them for campus security at schools.

Remember when Wally Mart used to put sign up on items made in America? No signs like that lately. They will only switch if it makes them more profit and ONLY more profit. The rest is a PR campain. Ya, every Vet wants to work for $6 an hour part time with no benifits for them. It would make more sense hiring them for campus security at schools.

how dare they try to maximize their profits.. those evil, soulless bastards..
it would be nice if Wal Mart would decide to go back to the Sam Walton vision of what kind of a company they are supposed to be, but honestly they are too big to just change things up over night.
if enough people started demanding stuff that's made in the USA and would back it up with their wallets, then Wal Mart would start stocking more stuff that's made here. but they are making insanely huge piles of cash as it is now, so they aren't going to just change for the sake of change because they know their customers would just go to the Target down the road to buy the cheaper product.

I choose target over Wal mart. The pay their employees well, and, offer benefits. Wal mart pays minimum wage and cuts people's hours so they don't have to offer benefits. If I can I never shop, my father, ex Navy seal Vietnam vet has NEVER stepped foot in one. He believes they're the beginning of the death of the USA's small businesses. I have to agree, his home town once had three grocery stores, once Wally World went in 24 miles away, NO grocery stores within 3 years... Hardware store, clothing store, gone, auto parts store gone. Small communities is where you see the effects of big box stores. Don't follow the herd people!!!

hello ladies and gents; L8TR I'm about the same age as your farther (I believe) as I just missed that war and it was my war as I could of been there. I never got a draft number as I was just underaged. Any way all the stuff I've read and heard on K-Mart pissed me off in that way also. I have never been to one and if they change there ways or one gets closer to me I'll see what I can see.
IBBY
PS; Asked your farther what he thinks of Jane Fonda? I had a fairly recently past away Vietnam Vet who'd get upset anytime she was brought up.

jlat said:
hello ladies and gents; L8TR I'm about the same age as your farther (I believe) as I just missed that war and it was my war as I could of been there. I never got a draft number as I was just underaged. Any way all the stuff I've read and heard on K-Mart pissed me off in that way also. I have never been to one and if they change there ways or one gets closer to me I'll see what I can see.
IBBY
PS; Asked your farther what he thinks of Jane Fonda? I had a fairly recently past away Vietnam Vet who'd get upset anytime she was brought up.

Hanoi Jane?!?!? He hates her. Her Dad owned most of the land near us in paradise Valley at one time. Ted lives about 15 minutes from us and opened one of his Ted's "Montana" Grilles here about 2 years ago... Nice that after 30+ locations finally actually opens one in Montana! I see them both several times a year. Couple local old school restaurants have refused to serve them!!

Hanoi Jane?!?!? He hates her. Her Dad owned most of the land near us in paradise Valley at one time. Ted lives about 15 minutes from us and opened one of his Ted's "Montana" Grilles here about 2 years ago... Nice that after 30+ locations finally actually opens one in Montana! I see them both several times a year. Couple local old school restaurants have refused to serve them!!

Target is a French based company.

Anybody know why the streets in Paris are lined with trees?

So the invading army can march in the shade........

Target is a French based company.

Anybody know why the streets in Paris are lined with trees?

So the invading army can march in the shade........

Wikipedia says they are based in Minneapolis and expanding into Canada..

A lot of the Kmarts ive been in locally have either closed or seem like they are stuck in 1987. Walmarts look like warehouses with stuff thrown in. The service at the wal mart in my town is atrocious, the food is bad, and it isnt all that cheap. Personally, I prefer to go to fleet farm. Its one of the few stores you can pick up a sheet of plywood, military surplus items, a shirt, and brake pads at the same time.

which town in "western MN" do you live in, and which Wal Mart are you talking about?

but, yeah, Mills Fleet Farm pretty much rules- but they sell a lot of high profit margin cheap imported junk there, too.

[quote="L8TRH8R, Her Dad owned most of the land near us in paradise Valley at one time. Ted lives about 15 minutes from us and opened one of his Ted's "Montana" Grilles here about 2 years ago... Nice that after 30+ locations finally actually opens one in Montana! I see them both several times a year. Couple local old school restaurants have refused to serve them!![/quote]

Paradise Valley, Montana?! Chico Hot Springs Restaurant still there? Used to work there. Peter Fonda and Warren Oates used to come in a lot. Didn't eat a lot, he always had some white stuff hanging out of his nose! :rolleyes:

Walmart said they will buy towels made in GA and I think shoes made somewhere in USA. The towels won't be cheap (compared to other towels).

Walmart said they will buy towels made in GA and I think shoes made somewhere in USA. The towels won't be cheap (compared to other towels).

been looking for 'Made In USA' cotton towels for years - was told by stores 'they don't make towels in USA.'

longball said:
[quote="L8TRH8R, Her Dad owned most of the land near us in paradise Valley at one time. Ted lives about 15 minutes from us and opened one of his Ted's "Montana" Grilles here about 2 years ago... Nice that after 30+ locations finally actually opens one in Montana! I see them both several times a year. Couple local old school restaurants have refused to serve them!!

Paradise Valley, Montana?! Chico Hot Springs Restaurant still there? Used to work there. Peter Fonda and Warren Oates used to come in a lot. Didn't eat a lot, he always had some white stuff hanging out of his nose! :rolleyes:[/QUOTE]

Yes Chico is still there. The white stuff is always hanging out of the owners nose.... Peter Fonda still lives in the area, his son Justin, actually is a friend of mine. We live in Bozeman now.

Back