KIRBAN Down pipe ?

blipmode188

Anyone have any expierence with Kirbans down pipe ?

Did it fit, was it hard to put on etc.
Noticable inprovment in performance or not ?

Im sure material wise it may not as good as some of the more expensive down pipes, but its just a pipe and I dont care about the welds or the shine of the pipe, just if it works or not.

I have the stock one on now and was wondering for the price of his was it worth it or not.

Thanks Steve.

I have Kirban dp

Have had it for several years. Fit is ok on stock turbo exhaust. He used to sell dp with straight end or expanded end (cat end of pipe) so you have to decide which you need before ordering. :)

Just had one installed this week. However, I was also installing a 3" test pipe and the Pypes stainless steel exhuast system at the same time. Therefore, I did take it to a muffler installer that is known for "special" installs. I made sure to mention that the most important part of the downpipe install, to prevent knock, was to make certain there was clearance between the upper a-arm, headers, and firewall. Once alignied, the two-piece downpipe was welded. In addition, I also ported the stock elbow with a Dremel per instructions.

Performance gains? Hard to say since it was an entire exhaust installation. I do like the cost and the ability to retain stock appreance. For bolt-on performace parts, I imagine this KB piece should keep up with the exhaust flow.

Matt

Just had one installed this week. However, I was also installing a 3" test pipe and the Pypes stainless steel exhuast system at the same time. Therefore, I did take it to a muffler installer that is known for "special" installs. I made sure to mention that the most important part of the downpipe install, to prevent knock, was to make certain there was clearance between the upper a-arm, headers, and firewall. Once alignied, the two-piece downpipe was welded. In addition, I also ported the stock elbow with a Dremel per instructions

I just did the exact system u described to my buddy's GN this past weekend...Pypes should really provide some instructions or at least a point on the car for mounting of the tailpipes...installed tons of aftermarket exhausts and i was shocked, bit if a guessing game :) But seems like decent products including kirbans DP and the testpipe.

Well I was just wondering if there was any real difference in the stock vs say Kirbans 3" DP.
Maybe for a mostly stock car it isnt worth the effort or expense.
Im sure the really expensive ones quality wise will be better and longer lasting etc.
but maybe Ill just pass on my latest lame brain idea and leave it alone.
Steve

Well I was just wondering if there was any real difference in the stock vs say Kirbans 3" DP.
Maybe for a mostly stock car it isnt worth the effort or expense.
Im sure the really expensive ones quality wise will be better and longer lasting etc.
but maybe Ill just pass on my latest lame brain idea and leave it alone.
Steve

Your right...never did answer ur question versus just commenting. My buddy's car is stock w/ just a big mouth air intake kit and it definitely felt better w/ the DP and exhaust, breathing great now especially w/ test pipe and my honest opinion on the DP we (and you) used versus an expensive one for stock type purposes...save the money :) Maybe for an all out racer.
PS: we did everything at once, so not sure how much just the DP would have changed things

My cats already off, and I thought what the heck for about $200 I could put a 3" KIRBAN down pipe on it if it would make a difference and Im guessing it would make "some" difference.
If you read his ad for the pipe it makes it sound like your gonna see a tremendous improvment, but hey he's just trying to sell em and make a living like we all are.
Steve

My tires chirped better when I put on a Keith Meese DP. I already had a stretch intercooler with a dut neck. Maybe the intercooler should be your next purchase. I think you will notice a difference.

I had one on my old WH-1. Was on there when I bought it along with the Hooker exhaust so I cant say how much you'd gain for sure. I did have a 3" cutout welded to it and gained about 2psi when opened. The car did have the "low rescriction" catalytic convertor on it. I too had it welded once in place to keep it from hitting the a-arm. If you dont want to weld it, at least get a better clamp for it.

Just my .02.

Scott

Anyone have any expierence with Kirbans down pipe ?

Did it fit, was it hard to put on etc.
Noticable inprovment in performance or not ?

Im sure material wise it may not as good as some of the more expensive down pipes, but its just a pipe and I dont care about the welds or the shine of the pipe, just if it works or not.

I have the stock one on now and was wondering for the price of his was it worth it or not.

Thanks Steve.

put your mods in your sig. it will certainly help when getting advice on upgrades or repairs. till then i'll hold off.

My tires chirped better when I put on a Keith Meese DP. I already had a stretch intercooler with a dut neck. Maybe the intercooler should be your next purchase. I think you will notice a difference.

Actually, I meant you should buy the intercooler after the DP. I think you will notice a difference with both, maybe not with just one of them.