knocking, or injector tick?

4cd-Air

Motor is 300 miles fresh on a rebuild (spun rod bearing). Had a possib;e knock, was told by mechanic it was fan loose. Tightened it (It was very loose). Today, still sounds like knock, but nothing on the scanmaster. Also, it does not change in volume with throttle. At idle it's loudest. Sounds like injectors, but it's really loud for an injector. If it's real knock, should the shop deal with any damage for the mis-diagnosis?

The catch is, as of today...I work at the same shop I'm talking about. If this is there fault, what happens?

Cracked headers tick.

They sound like a bad lifter, or injector, or a loose fan, or a loose convertor bolt, or anything else. They don't sound like what you would expect.

Originally posted by b4black
Cracked headers tick.

They sound like a bad lifter, or injector, or a loose fan, or a loose convertor bolt, or anything else. They don't sound like what you would expect.

We had a stuck lifter when the motor first started. That could be it. It sounds like it's coming from the intake manifold. Hmm...I think I'll check that tomorrow.

If it is a bad lifter, would it make the car run kinda crappy? Like boggy? Not want to shift?

If it's a lifter, I can still drive it right?