Largest tire on a 15 x 4 wheel????

TR Custom Parts

Mark Hueffman - Owner
Just about giving up with Jegs with regards to getting a decent set of 15 x6 Centerline Rev wheels. I am about ready to go with 15 x 4's since from what I have been told those are in fact one piece rotary forged wheels unlike the 6" wide ones. Have had issues with the welding quality on these wheels.

http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...s-wheels/299146-centerline-rev-nightmare.html

I could pretty much care less about getting off of exit ramps at 90mph so handling is not a huge concern. I have run a pro street car before with that size wheel and if I remember right I had a 205/75 tire. Was going to run the stock size 215/65 with a 6" wheel but think those would be too wide for a 4" wheel???

I am running a BFG drag radial on the back so would need a radial for the front.

A 205/70R-15 should fit without too much worry.
BFG Traction T/A would be a good match for you.

Tire Details - Discount Tire

I have run a 205/70-15 on a 15x5 rim no problems, so I would think it shouldn't be that big of an issue on a 15x4.

Or, if that was too wide / tall, you could go with a 185/65R-15.
BFG makes a Touring tire in this size.
http://www.bfgoodrichtires.com/images/ts-dl/tires/large/touring-t-a-pro-series-h-v.jpg

Either one would work.

Or, you could go with a Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R radial 26x6-15.
For a more performance oriented look.

Mickey Thompson 6652 Mickey Thompson Sportsman S/R Radial Tires

HTH

Patrick

I'm using a MT Sportsman S/R Radial 26 x 8 x 15 on 15x4 wheels. They match the tread of the MT drag radials nicely but I see you are running the BFGs. A BFG Comp Radial ZR matches the BFG DRs but there's not anything small enough for a 4" wheel. May not be a big deal to you but I'm a little anal about mismatched tread patterns.

IMO, a 205/70 may look a little short/small for a Regal.

MTFront.jpg

I'm using a MT Sportsman S/R Radial 26 x 8 x 15 on 15x4 wheels. They match the tread of the MT drag radials nicely but I see you are running the BFGs. A BFG Comp Radial ZR matches the BFG DRs but there's not anything small enough for a 4" wheel. May not be a big deal to you but I'm a little anal about mismatched tread patterns.

IMO, a 205/70 may look a little short/small for a Regal.

MTFront.jpg
Just found my tire:biggrin: Thanx Will. I too like the same tread pattern as the rear.

You said your running a 215/65/15 tire on the 15x6 right?I would like to see what that looks like, I have a 15x6 but run a 205/70/15 on those whees

You said your running a 215/65/15 tire on the 15x6 right?I would like to see what that looks like, I have a 15x6 but run a 205/70/15 on those whees

Here is a pic. Looks like I will end up running this same tire with the new wheel setup as well. Has worked fine for me the past 10 or so years

Attachments

• MVC-008F.JPG
    MVC-008F.JPG
    74.2 KB · Views: 966