Las Vegas [West coast nationals]

Nick Micale said:
Like others, I do NOT want to tow for 6 hours, wait in line for 1-1/2 hours, pay double the normal event price, be placed in a corner, and then spend 6 hours making only 2 runs. :mad:

TRUE TRUE :biggrin: ..

WHITE T said:
Hey Nick,

Make sure those dates don't interfer with SEMA! :)

Rick, for us "visitors", SEMA is over that week by Thursday when our legs and feet give out! :eek:

Nick,
I am sure we can get 10-15 cars from So. Ca. out to Az. Should be a great time of the year to go racing. Is the track close to the town of Surprise?
Jeff

The track is right next to the town of Suprise.

If we have 25-30 local cars and 8-10 from Vegas, it should be a 50+ car field. This will give us at least 2 staging lanes for Buicks only.

The normal charge for car and driver to enter the track and get a tech card is $20. Spectators are $10 each with kids under 12 free. If we add a charge for the Buick event to cover payouts, it will still be an affordable weekend. [Especially is you consider NO gambling losses! :biggrin: ]

i'll have to de-tune the car from the sea level program a little.. hopefully i can still get some ten's out of her :) ..

Hey Guys,

I've for one had a GREAT time every year and would like to see the event move forward. Have you all looked into renting SLC's Track (Rocky Mountain Raceway)? I'm not sure about making the trip to phonix but would love to make it the 5th year in a role......

nirto71455 said:
So is the event set to happen in AZ then?

I have not heard either way from the Vegas guys? Unless they are NOT doing their event in Vegas, I will then help to get an event in Phoenix.

i should have stayed on the east coast.. We had TONS of events over there.. COME ON GUYS, LETS GET SOMETHING SET IN STONE..

Hey Nordy Ricer

I met you at nates butt farm , scuse me, bates nut farm,
we talked, and I for one am glad you made the move to the west coast, (and wife still loves your dogs)
but, " I shoulda stayed on the east coast"
you trying to start something?
Heck I've got that ole blue stocker that will put your east coast butt in its place! and I'll drive the thing from so cal to run ya in LV, or PHX !! :biggrin:
my car ain't no billy anderson special, just a home brewed t type.
have I stirred you up yet?
I agree, we need more interest in some racing,
so now what ?

ain't this sh!t fun?

cruzn57

cruzn57 said:
I met you at nates butt farm , scuse me, bates nut farm,
we talked, and I for one am glad you made the move to the west coast, (and wife still loves your dogs)
but, " I shoulda stayed on the east coast"
you trying to start something?
Heck I've got that ole blue stocker that will put your east coast butt in its place! and I'll drive the thing from so cal to run ya in LV, or PHX !! :biggrin:
my car ain't no billy anderson special, just a home brewed t type.
have I stirred you up yet?
I agree, we need more interest in some racing,
so now what ?

ain't this sh!t fun?

cruzn57

Hey there,

I'll drive my GN anywhere to run ya.. i won't have any gas when i get there, but i'll run ya.. (you got me :mad: cruzn57 J/K)

I can count on both of my hands the GN / T events we have over there. I just can't believe with the amazing weather we have year round that we only have 2 or 3 events a year :frown: .. i know i'm not the only GN racer on the west coast, come on guys don't let me down.

It is unfortunate that both of you guys moved out here when Fontana,
(California Speedway) decided to shut down to move their qtr mile track to the other side of the oval. Some of the "Brutal 6" club members come up fron San Diego to race on Fridays when >www.AlternativeMotoring.com< rents/leases the track. Neal Steward, Jason Hall, Morgan from Yorba Linda, sometime even the sheppard, Lou Czarnota, comes out and make their attendance known. I go out to watch when I can. Always fun to be had out there, whether racing or spectating. Fontana will be opening sometime soon I am sure. I am sure that the East Coast offers more for the serious racer, but the east coast offers more cold weather & snow. I think that Frank (1BADDAM) had come out a few times with his TTA, & Ray came out with his GNX & Vette.

Ok, let me re-phrase that into a more accurate statement. Alternativemotoring does not show anything on their website yet about any upcoming Friday afternoon/nighttime racing. It is definitely less crowded at their events. They lease out the track about every 5 or 6 weeks, limited to 85 signups. Saturdays out there is a real cluster?

So what about the event fellas...... I really need to start planing if it's going to happen.....