Late model LeSabre Gauges in a Turbo Regal

Started on mine today.

Got the Vss built ,but I am not sure I got it shiney enough. I may do that over next weekend.

Ordered the part from caspers,where can I get additional c1 pins?

The oil psi...isn't ours 3 wires? I did not see and extra wire that needed to be added for it.

More to come...:wink:

Started on mine today.

Got the Vss built ,but I am not sure I got it shiney enough. I may do that over next weekend.

Ordered the part from caspers,where can I get additional c1 pins?

The oil psi...isn't ours 3 wires? I did not see and extra wire that needed to be added for it.

More to come...:wink:

The LeSabre oil pressure sender has 4 wires and the Turbo Regals have three. The (black) 4th wire on the LeSabre unit is grounded to the engine.

I went to the salvage yard this past Saturday and done some shopping!:D I got some pins from the cars I got the speedometer out of. Since you have the cluster out to get the speedo anyway, that's the time to snip the entire C1 connector off the car.

BTW, while I was at the salvage yard, I found a 91 cluster, two speedo heads, 2 speed buffers with harness, 2 oil pressure units with harness, 2 temp senders with harness so I put a cluster in my Malibu today (Sunday).

The Turbo Regal speedometer head will work but the mount for the speed sensor will be harder to make...IMO. The speedometers that work very well are from a early to mid 80's Pontiac Parisienne and a Chevrolet Impala/Caprice. I just tore the speedo apart while i was there so the lady at the cash register wouldn't know what it was so I could get it for less money...ie...misc parts.;)

Here's the one I'm putting in the Malibu. I've still got to get the speed sensor hooked up and fabricate the bezel.

malibucluster.JPG

roger that on the oil psi,gonna try and finish it next weekend.

Update

Mine is almost done. I have it working just need to wait for the epoxy on the lights to dry. Test drove and all is working good. My VSS was not reflective enough so I put chrome tape on it and painted flat back around it. That worked good.

The oil psi is not dead on with my auto meter guage so I may leave them on the a pillar for now. :D

Thanks for the nice upgrade. I may want to do this to my GN but I will get different parts so I don't hack that car up.:wink:

Make sure you get pics Steve. This will show that just about anyone can do it.

I will today.

I will add that I and a Master also and have been doing this awhile...so I am not anyone:D

Very nice upgrade for sure.

Here are some pics.

It's done. I need to get more plexiglass its got a blem so I need to redo that.

Attachments

• PA100640.jpg
    PA100640.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 946
  • PA100641.jpg
    PA100641.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 898
scored my parts today...when i have time ill post up picks of the completed job...thanks for posting a how to...saved me alot of time.

scored my parts today...when i have time ill post up picks of the completed job...thanks for posting a how to...saved me alot of time.

I'm guessing this is for the car you're working on for your daughter Gary? Lucky kid.:biggrin:

Actually had to sell the GN.....it was in need of more work than I could put into it...thought this dash would be great in my T.

I will today.

I will add that I and a Master also and have been doing this awhile...so I am not anyone:D

Very nice upgrade for sure.

I'll make you the same offer: I'll just leave the car and a blank check with you for a few weeks.....

I've got the pieces if anyone wants to build it, you'll need to run to Lowes or Home Depot for some of the other parts.
The dash is late model with single digit tach. Included is cluster with harness end, idiot lights, oil pressure sender with wire harness end, water temp with wire harness end, speedo with VSS.
Price is $165 shipped.
Sending units and harness ends not shown in pic but included.
You'll also need the Casper piece or just splice into the factory harness.

I belive that the intent of this partiular section is no solicitation! Not cool dude.:mad: I will remove this later but it's time for bed.

guess what...

I belive that the intent of this partiular section is no solicitation! Not cool dude.:mad: I will remove this later but it's time for bed.

I already bought it and installed....from him.:wink:

i started mine today

i would like to add some info ;)..

i added the emergency/brake light and seat belt light...the schematic shows grounding both lights common,but both switches close to ground so both lights need to be hooked to the ign wire (pink/blk) and other lead goes to the respective switch.

i got my oil sender off an engine laying in the junk yard (easier to pull) but the gauge shows no oil pressure before start or 120+ psi when running :eek:...so the sender i got was for the oil light ,not a gauge car...will go back and get the sender off the car i got the cluster from...

Ive got to get some plexi and black paint tomorrow and mount the cluster and trim it out...once done,ill post up...thanks.