LET'S GET READY TO RUMBLE.....Oklahoma GN vs. Ford Race!!

buick vs. ford

can anyone give a schedule for the race,,I was suppose to go to the COTT race, however my child is sick and we aren't going, so I thought I would do some testing in OK

is the twin turbo car coming,,and how fast can he go,,it might be interesting,,I"m running in little bity 10.5W tires with a single turbo,,

andy dallas

I've got a new blower belt, a gas tank full of 118 octane, 68,000 blower rpm, 5800 rpm worth of stall converter on the brake, and 40 pounds worth of brand new weight reduction.

I'm ready to whip some buick ass!

This is what it looked like last year for the buick camp... it's gonna be even uglier this year!

See the asswhipping here --------> http://www.yerot.com/~aweil/fetchingbuicknoble.wmv :)

Thanks and have a nice day!

LMAO! What's he gonna do when I have this on my car next year?

pt88_4.jpg

Originally posted by dragradialstang
I just noticed you have a 49 on your car, you must be one of the heavy hitters! LOL!

Are they gonna sell race gas this year? ANybody know for SURE?

I need something around 112-116 or so.

what time is qualifying (and how many rounds of qualifying are scheduled)

what time is the first round?

thanks
andy

andydallas,

You really don't qualify, it all depends on how many cars show up. Lets say 90 Mustangs and 110 Buicks are there. All the Stangs will race, and the fastest 90 Buicks will run. Then the cars are matched up from slowest to fastest. In the past, if you run an 11 you are usually in. I think last year slower ET(s) made the cut.

First round usually late afternoon - you will have a lot of runs on Saturday, weather allowing. Wish I could make it this year, it's a lot of fun.

Good Luck, and kick some stang butt :cool:

I guess Im trying to figure out why the track is opening so early, if the first round isn't until late afternoon,,,I need to get one full pass in to see what the track can hold

I also need to be back in Dallas before too late (sick child at home), which is why I"m skipping the clash of the titans and considering going to make some passes here

how many 7 sec cars will there be?

andy

Andy, you can start making passes around 9-10ish. I dont remember when exactly... then you can make passes up to about 2-3pm... as many as you want!! Then there is a break for about an hour to get everybody down in the list of races and then the Buick @ss whipping starts!!

do the buick's have any 7 sec cars?,,and if someone gets there at noon will they have a chance to make a pass before the first round (it takes me just over an hours from the time I get to a track until I'm ready to make a pass,

whats the fastest buick?? I'm just trying to see if its worth my time

andy

There is only one 'round' of eliminations. Say you qualify #1... you would race the #1 qualifying Buick. One race, heads up... no matter if your ran 7.99 qualifying to his 8.50 qualifying.

Your win scores our team 1 point. The #100th pair of cars goes first, and the winner gets a point for their team, then the 99th... all the way down to the top dog from each team.

So basically, you TNT all day long, then have ONE race against your 'competition' at the end. You can race anybody you want during the day.

There is usually a 7 second Opel 3.8 turbo, and then Connelly is usually there also.

Re: buick vs. ford

Originally posted by andydallas
can anyone give a schedule for the race,,I was suppose to go to the COTT race, however my child is sick and we aren't going, so I thought I would do some testing in OK

is the twin turbo car coming,,and how fast can he go,,it might be interesting,,I"m running in little bity 10.5W tires with a single turbo,,

andy dallas

The twin turbo car will not be in attendance. Scott's daughter is in the hospital so we won't be making the trip this year.

hey guys im new here and i was just wonderin where this event is held at?? yall may have mentioned it somewhere but with my dial up its too hard to sift through all these pages hehe.......i dont own a GN or a stang (just check the name) but i really would be interested in coming and watching bc i am a huge GN fan!!!

-nathan

Yeah he (LC) was low qualifier with an 8.20! It went well, other than being windy and pretty cold as a result :) I think it was Buicks 57 or 59 to Ferds 32, lol :) Lotsa fun!

>If his car is running right, should be one for Buick team!!

It was a win for the good guys indeed :)

TurboTR

buick's won,guess that little 49 was enough to win my race,lol.it was alot of good racing.see you next year!!

Congrats to you guy's, My trans broke durring the burnout so I didn't even get a qualifing pass in, Lot's of attrition yesterday, and it was way freeking cold!

CONGRATS TO THE BUICKS GUYS THIS YEAR.

BTW the two guys from DFW that got to race, won thier races.