Life TV show, GN

life_gn.jpg

lifegn_2.jpg

just watched the show, and jumped on here to see who else had seen the gorgeous GN. Not too sure how I feel about the stripe... it looks good for sure, but theres something to be said for the subtle perfection of the stock all-black paint scheme. I also noticed it looked like a hotair (steering wheel, and the lack of intercooled badging), though it was obviously either converted to run an intercooler, or the holywood folks slapped one on there with some piping to make it LOOK intercooled (I don't know how someone could miss the IC, all the closeups of the front end showed it pretty well). Regardless, it's nice to see our cars getting some good press. I watched the show with my mom and dad, and my mom was rolling her eyes. My dad and I rewound all the scenes with it about 10 times geeking out over it "ooh look, did you see the scan master in the corner of the screen there?? Oh hey, it must be a hotair, look at the badging!" I too am worried that they will do something foolish like wrecking this car like they did his bentley, though if they do, hopefully they'll just use a dummy plain-jane regal stand-in.

as far as the discussion about the bentley, to those who wondered why anyone would buy one, i say this: just sit in one. the interior is sumptuous and comfortable, every amenity you can imagine. Obviously the price puts it in a league I will likely never reach, but I gotta have respect for any car that well engineered, that luxurious, and that fast (even the 4-door version can top 200mph!). I just think its funny that it takes a german car company (its basically a volkswagen/audi engine and chassis) to make a "brittish" car I'd actually want to own :)

Meh. They piped in the V8 sound because 99% of good-ole-boy America wouldn't react to the sound of a jet engine with a hint of internal combustion. :biggrin:

I'm dissapointed at the amount of tire smoke generated when he made the sliding U-turn. ;)

What I didn't get was the tag. It appears to be a vanity plate with "455" at the end, but the rest made no sense to me.

I grabbed them off another thread in here that had a link to the show's site then hosted them on my photobucket account. ;)

It's gonna take a Vin (Diesel that is) to show the public what a Buick really is.

considering the track record of the Furious movies 1, theyll probably screw it up somehow, piped in V8 sound..make it sound like a honda..something, 2, theyll probably wreck it. no thanks.

I too am worried that they will do something foolish like wrecking this car like they did his bentley, though if they do, hopefully they'll just use a dummy plain-jane regal stand-in.

I was checking out the website for the show and there a blog from the writer, I gues people can ask question and he answers them, anyway someone asked a question about charlie, the main character, getting furniture, if youve been watching the show you know he has none, the writer replied that he will eventually get furniture, slowly and a new car, this was before this episode, so heres to hoping this is his new ride...permanently.

ok just watched the DVR again, heres what I got:
1. I finally say the FMIC, yeah I know how could you miss it, well its so big maybe I mistook it for the radiator..I dont know.
2. the car hes driving is the exact same car that was in the garage, the stripe is there, same wheels everything.
3. I really cant get a good look at the emblem on the fender, but in the scene where he pulls his exs husband over, you can kinda see it. cant make out what is says, but it looks like it could be GRAND NATIONAL INTERCOOLED. so possibly, an intercooled car with hot air wheels?? dont know still cant positively determine the year.

well thats all I have for now

I guess were all waiting for next weeks show :wink:

Can someone post the link to the NBC show site?

Why does Hollywood screw stuff up so bad? You don't need a V8 sound, and stripes just don't go with a Regal body. It's like they thought they had to give it a personality. It'll compete with the General lee, K.I.T.T., the A-team Van and the Fall Guy's 4x4 without having a stripe kit!!:eek:

It occurred to me that if you have a cop car it "needs" (for tv) to be a "black and white". The stripe sure looks better than a white door setup with push bars!

I dont get that show over here so I'll have to find it by other means (internet sucks for streaming)

its funny how he slams on the gas when they dubbed in the brake squeel then he puts his foot on the brake. that looks like a precision front mount

Which is something I wondered and may have mentioned previously... WHERE are the cars and parts coming from and who does the work? Celebs cant scratch their butt without media knowing about it but celebs and the shows they are on can retain private lives for their cars? heh. Good for them I guess. :)

Me? If I were a celeb or movie/tvshow producer type I would seek out those most familiar or at minimum suppliers for the cars etc I planned to use. It is surprising to me that we never hear of vendorX involvement, at least for a show.

IF if if its a precision front mount, where did they get it and did they learn of it from this or other forums?

If I was David Spade or even the "other" Dave, I would sign up here and lurk.