You can type here any text you want

lifter preload......

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

NOTSOFAST

I got the cnc heads back from machine shop after they repaired the 1 bad valve & did a valve job. Mr. Anderson stated that that 1 particular valve was to tight in it's guide. my queation is- do I have to re-check preload? as basically same thing happened to GN#1 on same #2 cylinder. which I put back together & have had no issue's at all, as a matter of fact it runs alot better. :biggrin: so issue with GN#2 would be no different, right? ;)

Always double check EVERYTHING when assembling an engine. Why would you worry about setting pre-load? It only takes a few minutes. What rockers? What pre-load did you have before? Do it once, do it right. Doing it later......... always takes longer.

I didn't do the initial build on this particular GN. I bought it this way - some assembly required - so I just put it back together. GN runs solid as I finished assembly on Sat 8-27-11. haven't really pushed it as Im gona wait for Razors alky kit before I put it at 25lbs & see what it'll do. no valvetrain noise or any other indication that something is amiss. :eek:

Back