You can type here any text you want

Lifters with roller cam installation question.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Nick McCardle

Got my roller cam kit from FTSS yesterday. Lifters go in as pictured, yes? Or do they face the other way. Comp's instructions say the link bar should face toward the center, but what side do they consider the front? :D There is also no up arrow marked on the bar to help me out, as that should face to the center from what I've read. Only reference I could find is a pic from White Racing's site that shows them the way they are pictured below.

Attachments

• SDC14024.JPG
    SDC14024.JPG
    100.3 KB · Views: 233
Good luck with the build. I got my kit from Full Throttle as well. Noisy sucker but sure pulls good now that I am getting the tuning sorted out.

Nick make sure the plungers dont stick on the roller lifters. id soak them in laquer thinner for a couple days and blow them out with compressed air.

Nick make sure the plungers dont stick on the roller lifters. id soak them in laquer thinner for a couple days and blow them out with compressed air.

I cleaned them with mineral spirits, blew with compressed air, then soaked in oil for about 2 hours. They really need to soak that long?

I cleaned them with mineral spirits, blew with compressed air, then soaked in oil for about 2 hours. They really need to soak that long?
Id put them in and try to push them down with the rocker arms. You want to be sure their free from sticking. Mine needed 2 days in laquer thinner to free up.

Id put them in and try to push them down with the rocker arms. You want to be sure their free from sticking. Mine needed 2 days in laquer thinner to free up.

I'm waiting on my heads to return from the machine shop anyway, I'll go ahead and put them in some tomorrow just in case. Thanks for the tip.

Back