You can type here any text you want

Lightweight Master Cylinder for Hydroboost?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Hot Air

E85 and S.E./Carolinas Moderator
Staff member
I have 4 wheel disk brakes and am installing hydroboost. Anyone know if there is a lightweight master cylinder available for this setup?
Conrad Carter

alphaenvirmgt said:
I have 4 wheel disk brakes and am installing hydroboost. Anyone know if there is a lightweight master cylinder available for this setup?
Conrad Carter

All the HB's I've seen are iron. I'd imagine the spool valve would gouge out an AL one.

Lighter and less failure prone, *manual brakes*.... <G>

I replaced the CI MC on one of my hot air Rivs with an aluminum one. I dont recall the exact model but it was a full size GM with HB, maybe 1983-1985. I'm not 100% for sure but I think the bolt pattern is the same on the HB so maybe the aluminum 1" MC from a B-body will bolt on. The only 4WDB MC I can think of off the top of my head would be the 94-96 Impala SS and 9C1 cop car. Also IIRC on my Riv the reservior on the aluminum MC was rather big as in being taller than the average reservior and was made for a MC that sits horizontal but I think all HB are that way instead of being inclined like the vacuum booster set up.

Fish,
Thanks for the tips. Will check out the Impala.
Conrad

Back