Looking for GN mechanic in Chicago

chitownz87gn

Like the topic states I'd like to know who to take the car to in case I need work on it.

I just bought this car and I want to make sure I have a reliable car before I start going to car shows and events/racing. I'll be doing the basics on my own like oil change, replace leaky valve cover gaskets and oil pan gasket, fuel filter and spark plugs, but I'd like to have a knowledgeable person look at it and tell me what else I should do.

Please help a fellow GN enthusiast as far as shops/people that know these cars

thanks

Shoot him a pm...TurbobuRick - He works out of his garage. He's cheaper than a shop and does top notch work.

+1 for turboburick. Just had him do some work on my dad's GN; translator install among other things. Was very very impressed.

I'm not sure if that post was guided towards me but I'm not sure what Dan you speak of
I live near Midway. There are a few people I know in Oak Lawn that have turbo buicks. The reason I mentioned Dan was he said a while ago he had a friend with one in oak lawn.

Thanks for recommendation guys! :D I really appreciate it.

There are a few good guys around always willing to help. So no worries. ;)

RL

Shoot him a pm...TurbobuRick - He works out of his garage. He's cheaper than a shop and does top notch work.

Rick is Da man!!! Very knowledgeable and extremely meticulous. One of my buddies brought his car up from down state IL to Rick and Rick worked on it for him during the holiday weekend.

Prasad

I live near Midway. There are a few people I know in Oak Lawn that have turbo buicks. The reason I mentioned Dan was he said a while ago he had a friend with one in oak lawn.

I've seen a few turbo buicks and hope to meet the rest of the pack. I'm more of a body man so maybe I can help with buffing and painting and trade that type of work for mechanical.

I already sent turboburick a message hopefully he has time in the near future for my pile of junk

thanks for your help guys.

Rick is a good guy! Along with all the other Local boyz..... Someone is always willing to help around here, don't worry!!

Anybody north of Chicago?

I know TR's are "supposed" to leak oil, but I wouldn't mind having a clean driveway for once. lol

I have been having terrible luck with my car.. I am also in the same boat and don't feel like shelling out $$ to a performance shop who might know these cars... I wish it was running in the shape I want so I can just enjoy it but it just aggravates me so it just sits in the garage..