You can type here any text you want

Looking for hood mounted fuel pressure gauge

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

d0n_3d

Boost is good.
I am in need of a good quality fuel pressure gauge that I can mount on the hood while still being able to use my wipers...anyone know who sells a good one?

i know my KB unit doesnt go well with wipers, however i have a friend who HAD an 87 had the autometer one positioned all the way to the left of the lower windshield area and it did not hinder anything other than the cops checking the VIN when he would get pulled over :)

the Kenny Bell fits just fine and clears the wipers by a bunch if properly installed.....it is an Autometer gauge and the kit is excellent (believe it or not....)

so where do you get this kenne bell gauge??? sounds like a good gauge...websites of such? i am wanting one asap!

Originally posted by azgn
the Kenny Bell fits just fine and clears the wipers by a bunch if properly installed.....it is an Autometer gauge and the kit is excellent (believe it or not....)

can you send me some pics, Mine was on the car when i bought it, and would like to see how yours is, so i can correct how mine might have been improperly installed.

thanks

do you have the retainer clip right under the hood where the gauge mounts? (in the same hole/screw that holds the bracket)

do you have the retainer clip right under the hood where the gauge mounts? (in the same hole/screw that holds the bracket)

i dont think so just the U shaped piece that mounts under the hood, and the gauge, the line seems to just run under the hood with nothing holding it in place. (that could be my problem) can i see what this thing looks like?

that's your problem.....should be tied down right at the gauge and all across the hood....................

I like the K.B. unit. It's work perfectly for upwards of 8 or so years. Only problem was the hose died after I got my engine back in a month or so ago. New hose is smaller in diameter. They shipped it out quickly too. Jace:)

that's your problem.....should be tied down right at the gauge and all across the hood....................

az if you have a digital camera, can you snap some pics and e-mail em to me?

thanks

Hey Arista, i live in Queens also, if you want to meet up in the weekened i will show you how the system looks on my car.

The hose does rub enough to take of the paint of a small section (1/2") of my wiper arm. I gues i did not install it to the left as much as i should have.

I was gonna put the guage right smack in middle of the window turbo bulge area. I think it would look kewl and different, but the hose that came with the kit is long so i did not do it.

Anyone have a problem with the gauge shaking while driving? Any ideas on how to fix it? Mine has done this since I put it on about 4 years ago and drives me nuts!

My guage does not shake. But i have a friend that does have a guage setup (not sure if its KB, never seen the car) and says his guage shakes allover the place. His explanation was becuase he had a replacement(lightweight) hood.

so what do i do...i call up kenne bell and tell them i want their fuel pressure gauge that mounts on the hood??? how much is it?

What i did to avoid hitting the wipers, i installed mine more towards the middle of the hood. Mine shakes like its going to come off due to my fiberglass hood:) Dpok69 how did that fan install work out?

Is it the needle that shakes or the entire gauge?

Also, for the person that wanted the gauge, they are 140 from KB (just received their catalog last night). Give them a call. Also, Jack Cotton sells a bracket and everything you would need to fab one up.

Needle is rock steady, the whole gauge bounces around. Guess they could have used a heavier gauge of metal.

Back