You can type here any text you want

Looking for old thread on RJC Deep Sump Oil Pan Problem

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

1KWIKSIX

Looking for some help finding an old thread dealing with a clearance problem with RJC Deep Sump Oil Pan and crankshaft web hitting the oil baffle.

I'm planning on installing a used one (I bought recently) tomorrow and am a little concerned over some small gouges and indent on the oil pan baffle that I just noticed.

If anyone has had any experiences with this type of problem, I would appreciate your comments.

thanks in advance.

dave

I installed an RJC deep sump pan on my 14 bolt 4.1 with a stroker crank and ARP main studs. I had to ding the pan with a ball peen hammer for clearance at the rear main studs. I had to indent the baffle because the crank throw was hitting it. No big deal, just dont beat on it so much that it bends the pan rails. I used some clay to check the clearance. .060 is plenty. It may fit better with main bolts and a stock crank.

Check your pickup depth in the pan. Accept no more than 1/4"!!! Every RJC pan I've ever installed has issues!!!!! and I've done a few!!!

I agree with Big Dave. I ended up making a new pick-up to get it right. It was WAY off the bottom of the pan with the combination. Also the Cadmium plating was flaking off the bottom of the pan on the inside. Make sure you use Scotch Bright and make sure it's clean. (do NOT breath that stuff as it's VERY toxic) I didn't have an issue with the baffle, though and that is with 3.625 stroker crank. It's a nice piece for the money, but even with the included spacer the pick-up tube was way off the bottom of the pan. Everything that is purchased for a high power engine, MUST be checked and then double checked.

Back