You can type here any text you want

looking for pics

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

berserker6

Assistant to the regional manager
can anyone post up pics of a buick with American racing torque thrust IIs with the center spokes and hub painted black? And the lips left polished. I imagine someone has done it. Just wanna see how they came out. Or, if you have photoshop skills I can post a pic of my car and you can paint them. I'd be much appreciated. Thanks

thanks. thats exactly what i was hoping to see. they look good. what was done to get them black? is that paint or something else? and did you do it?

Ya I just painted them black. There is an easy line to mask so you don't get any on the rim. If I did it again, I would probably get them powder coated, much more durable but as it goes I work at a body shop and did it for nothing. If the grand prix wasn't white, I would have painted the center caps black and had black nuts also.

All I did to paint them was, scratch them up with a red scotch brite pad real good, mask and paint with base/clear. They were gun metal gray and rough at first, thats why they are not smooth black. It onlt took me about 2 hours to do it from start to finish.

Here's mine..

Attachments

• SDC10385.jpg
    SDC10385.jpg
    82.6 KB · Views: 122
And another with the new front brake setup. (02 blazer)

Attachments

• 0613001512.jpg
    0613001512.jpg
    94.7 KB · Views: 121
Back2spool. Good looking car. Rims look nice. Where in new Germany are you located? I thought I'd seen all the buicks down here. Haha are you a member of MAGNA? And is there a noticeable difference in braking with the swap you've done? Thanks

Yes I'm in magna.. not in Germany but isn't Jersey just as communist with their laws? lol.. Anyway, yes the brakes are a big improvement and I'd definitely do it again, except I paid top dollar for the setup and wound up having to replace rotors and calipers anyway.

Back