You can type here any text you want

Looking for some tips

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ravege

I removed the bolt from the rear lower control arm, axle side. Axle wants to pull forward - I can align the holes but I run out of hands kinda quick, any tips on how to do this solo? Shock and spring are out, but otherwise stock set up.

Possibly try a ratchet strap to hold the axle back, and then use the jack to move the axle up and down as needed.

Put a jack under pinion to aid it and you should be able to move it foward some.;)

Ah great ideas, guys, thanks! I got another pair of hands coming over this evening but I'm going to see if I can't get it done myself before then.

Drum prevents getting one in from the outboard side, or am I misunderstanding the tool/technique you're thinking of?

Tool from inside, to keep holes aligned, insert bolt from outside, pushing out the tool.

Attachments

• image-114092132.jpg
    image-114092132.jpg
    437.8 KB · Views: 40
Another trick I used.
Jack stands under the frame, jack under the rear. Put the tire back on, 3 lugs hand tight is OK (don't forget later).
Lower the rear so the tire is just touching the ground. Roll the tire front/back to move the axle. You can roll the tire with one hand, and align/insert bolt with the other.

Back