You can type here any text you want

Looking to buy a new head unit with Navigation. Suggestions please.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

ChrisChow

Looking to buy a new head unit with Navigation.

What do you guys/gals like?

Alpine? Nakamichi? ANyone got pics? I'm spoiled by the Navi units in my Z06 and Lexus. Just wanted something nice for the Buick.

What size is your head unit or could it be? What vehicle? That's kinda critical to those offering their recommendations.

Do you have 2 din opening or din and a half?

To be honest, we have tried them all... I have tried the most expensive Alpine made and did not like it... Out of them all the Eclipse was the best IMO...

Just make sure which one you go with that it is updatable...

I quit looking for one and just went back to a nice head unit and a garmin, works much better IMO:)

It's a 1.5 din stock. The problem that I have found with GPS in the head unit is it does not update fast enough when you go off course. I think Shane hit the nail on the head and it's probably better to just have a seperate GPS unit and attach it to the suchen cup on the windshield when you need to use it and just get a good head unit.

I too would love to find one that does both well but there isn't much out there unless you go to a full size DIN. Eclipse do seem to be the better reciever/GPS units but cost quite a bit and won't fit ur stock location unless you have it custom made from fiberglass.

I use an Eclipse myself in one of my cars, and it works great. However Eclipse gone as of this year. If you need a nice single DIN GPS, JVC had a model KD-NX5000 that is pretty nice. They were discountinued a year ago, but I do have one left if you are interested.

It's a 1.5 din stock. The problem that I have found with GPS in the head unit is it does not update fast enough when you go off course. I think Shane hit the nail on the head and it's probably better to just have a seperate GPS unit and attach it to the suchen cup on the windshield when you need to use it and just get a good head unit.

I too would love to find one that does both well but there isn't much out there unless you go to a full size DIN. Eclipse do seem to be the better reciever/GPS units but cost quite a bit and won't fit ur stock location unless you have it custom made from fiberglass.

ditto, but alpine is good!

Back