Lots of Condensation Coming Out Of Tail Pipes on Fresh Rebuild

Tim Cucci

I have just finished a fresh rebuild and installed a set of P/P stock iron heads with SS Valves. It seems as if I have a lot more condensation coming out of the tail pipes than I did before. I have changed the oil and checked the coolant and find no evidence of internal leak by the head gasket. Car runs fine. Could I have a small water jacket leak in the heads? Or is it just normal to have a lot of condensation? Why do we have so much condensation with these cars?

Thanks
Tim

Mine does the same thing. But the first head I had on the car had a small pin hole in the port and it would fill the cross over pipe up with water. So I don't think that is your problem.

If I remember correctly,the ideal petrochemical cumbustion reaction is Carbon Dioxide and Water.Tell you anything?:)

Are you sure its condensation? Could it be a bad turbo seal? Have you pulled your intercooler hoses and up pipe to look for oil? Just wondering...

Mine is the same way...If you have smog testing in your area, You will be amazed how clean you are running.... I was less than 28% of the allowable ppm given off... Its kind of cool to have a car that you modify and it still run real clean...

Not the turbo. I have been there and done that one before. No oil on anything except the #$%^&##$%^& REAR SEAL!!!! Now that is a real PITA!! I can not believe that thing leaks. I did everything to prevent it. Special care and RTV to the rear seal.
Man!!!! I can't beleive it.
Thanks
Tim