You can type here any text you want

low oil pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
hey Brian are you not running a turbo saver? If not it is a must!!!!!! I wiped out 2 turbos due to flat tappet cam shaft failure before I got one....I have a roller now so not to worry but it is still good insurance for the turbo and plus you can run a much large filter since it is mounted behind he pass side head light.

hey Brian are you not running a turbo saver? If not it is a must!!!!!! I wiped out 2 turbos due to flat tappet cam shaft failure before I got one....I have a roller now so not to worry but it is still good insurance for the turbo and plus you can run a much large filter since it is mounted behind he pass side head light.
thought about those too thanks.

Click on the link I posted.

So when you taking it racing? With that turbo and 18# I bet it runs 11.30 at 120.
oh i see now. that looks like a good filter but what is different about that compared to the large ones? have to way my options and compare and study up

I hope so this car runs unbelievable compared to the old 11.60 setup. at 23psi your car should be a bear with that turbo you got. i need to upgrade to a billit but this 60 is like having a stocker on there.

I can't imagine riding around with 23psi :eek: on the streets because 16psi rips the tires on COMMAND.:cool: This combo is working really well. I'm still smiling ear 2 ear.:biggrin: I would see what you get out of the 60 before upgrading.:redface:

I can't imagine riding around with 23psi :eek: on the streets because 16psi rips the tires on COMMAND.:cool: This combo is working really well. I'm still smiling ear 2 ear.:biggrin: I would see what you get out of the 60 before upgrading.:redface:

good idea!! i never got this motor over 17 psi yet. to scared on the street. i love how this tweak chip locks onto 10.8 10.9 at wot. heres some pix of my ride. http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/turbo-videos-picture-library/347302-ready-spring.html

Were you using ZDDP or similar oil to prevent camshaft failure at the time? If so, what cam and what weight springs? I'm still rolling the dice...

Were you using ZDDP or similar oil to prevent camshaft failure at the time? If so, what cam and what weight springs? I'm still rolling the dice...

No additives or anything the first cam failure was just after switching to 100lb springs at a reccomendation (I would never suggest that to anyone on a stock engine wether or not it was the cause) the second was just the loss of a few lobes after about 5k miles on a new engine.......the car sat for about 6 months to save up for the Roller cam kit.....I would not reccomend a flat tappet to anyone...if your thinking of going roller just save up....you will not regret it!

No additives or anything the first cam failure was just after switching to 100lb springs at a reccomendation (I would never suggest that to anyone on a stock engine wether or not it was the cause) the second was just the loss of a few lobes after about 5k miles on a new engine.......the car sat for about 6 months to save up for the Roller cam kit.....I would not reccomend a flat tappet to anyone...if your thinking of going roller just save up....you will not regret it!

I'm cheap so I already went new flat tappet. I use ZDDP w/ 75lb springs and so far so good @ 2k miles and 12 passes.

went with the biggie oil filter adapter and a purolator l3005 filter and gained 5 psi. i wouldnt believe unless i seen it. first is in drive then i move it to park

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fqdd0wM9f5s[/YOUTUBE]

Good to hear.

Now take it to the track! That little turbo will run 120+.

Good to hear.

Now take it to the track! That little turbo will run 120+.

goto make it a perfect run the first time because i dont think the tranny will hold up. its already showing signs of struggling with the new power. its a stock rebuild with a 13 vane pump and koleen steels and redline clutches and a harden stator.

All turbo cars should run a oil cooler,(if the Turbo on the car uses it ) Only 1/4 mile cars can get away with out one,there oil cools inbetween rounds...On the streets you have 20 minutes run time then kiss your oil vesocity good bye if run no oil cooler (i've watched it on my gauge) With a cooler your oil will not break down an you'll have 10psi more pressure across the range

Enjoy!

(ps, i use 15/50 mobile one racing in stroker 109 roller motor )

oil pressure

i read the whole post and just realized it is resolved! I'm going to invest in some of those bits!

i read the whole post and just realized it is resolved! I'm going to invest in some of those bits!
yes a bigger purolator l3005 filter is piece of mind. no more start up clatter either. it is 4 inch wide and 6 inches long. stock one vs l3005

Attachments

• 0518111710.jpg
    0518111710.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 163
Beware of some companies new solution for the big block oil filter it is now the small canister size. The purolator pure 1 looks like a pf52. I went to the napa wix gold fullsize.

Back