You can type here any text you want

low oil pressure

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Beware of some companies new solution for the big block oil filter it is now the small canister size. The purolator pure 1 looks like a pf52. I went to the napa wix gold fullsize.

its way smaller than the pf52. it is the same size as the balbwin 9 which has all good reviews

I use a system one filter, you can take it apart clean it and see if anything is going on, worth every penny

Someone explain to me how larger paper filters increase oil psi.

More filtration surface means less restriction of flow. Think of it this way. Put a nozzle on the end of the hose and it restricts the flow after the nozzle. Leave it off and you get more water out of the hose faster. Simple physics.:biggrin:

More filtration surface means less restriction of flow. Think of it this way. Put a nozzle on the end of the hose and it restricts the flow after the nozzle. Leave it off and you get more water out of the hose faster. Simple physics.:biggrin:

X2 . . . . Just had this discussion today, so, I will add some additional explanation. :eek:

If the filter element restricts flow, the pressure will be high before the filter. With a larger filter i.e increased flow, the flow into the motor will increase and the bearings/pressure the motor sees, will be higher.
Since the pressure reading is typically taken after the filter, the gauge will read/see increased pressures.

I did not see a psi increase until I went with a continuous high flow filter element.

Back