You can type here any text you want

Low Pedal.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Backs are a bitch. I use a 1/4 in drive ratchet with a 5/16 socket to get to them. Once they are loose you can shove a hose over the bleeder and just finger tighten them while bleeding. Sounds so easy right? :D

I just bled them and there was some air in the back pass side and I thought for sure that would get it. But nope. Still the same darn thing. Haha.

I am guessing its one of the wheel cylinders. For 10.98 a pop I'll probably replace them both.

That should be my next step right?

I just bled them and there was some air in the back pass side and I thought for sure that would get it. But nope. Still the same darn thing. Haha.

I am guessing its one of the wheel cylinders. For 10.98 a pop I'll probably replace them both.

That should be my next step right?

I'd say thats a good call. Surly not going to hurt. Another (cheap) thing you can grab is some rebuild kits for the front calipers. You would not believe how much new o-rings and slider bushings make a difference. ;) Not going to help much with mushy pedal situation but once you get that ironed out, they will be even better.

I doubt any of that is going to help unless you have a leak somewhere. When my PM went bad, brake fluid ran down the connecting rod and right into the car. It made a mess under the carpet behind the brake pedal.

You can pull the carpet back and look to see if there is any fluid. If so the PM is leaking.

Just a thought.

I'd say thats a good call. Surly not going to hurt. Another (cheap) thing you can grab is some rebuild kits for the front calipers. You would not believe how much new o-rings and slider bushings make a difference. ;) Not going to help much with mushy pedal situation but once you get that ironed out, they will be even better.

Thanks Rick. I'll be repalcing them both this week. I'll keep ya updated.

I doubt any of that is going to help unless you have a leak somewhere. When my PM went bad, brake fluid ran down the connecting rod and right into the car. It made a mess under the carpet behind the brake pedal.

You can pull the carpet back and look to see if there is any fluid. If so the PM is leaking.

Just a thought.

There is no sign of previous leakage. I replaced the Master anyways whether I needed it or not because for the 30.00 for a new one it was more of a pain to take it off than to just keep it. Thanks for the tip tho.

Yeah its a vaccum. So what should my next step be? Should I replace the wheel cylinders or could it be something else?

Pedal still low?

You confident all the air is out of the system?

Backs are adjusted?

Look at the combo valve. Is it a brass or steel one?

One of the functions of the combination valve is to only let a certain amount fluid return from the backs when the pedal is released. The less fluid that returns to the reservoir, the less that has to be replenished to get response. Make sense? It's really hard to say over the net (without seeing) exactly where the problem is. Still sounds like the backs need to be tighter to me but it could be the combo valve too. Sounds like you are confident everything is adjusted and bled so with that I would look at replacing it with a brass one and if your going to open the system, I would do the back cylinders and lines. But thats just me. :biggrin:

Back