You can type here any text you want

Lower is gooder.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

disco stu

Just did the Savitske stage 2 kit. I know it is supposed to drop it 7/8 to 1", but holy moley..... about 2". :eek: Not bitchin yet though. Fender lip is 24" from the ground. Since the front was so low I decided to throw the rear 2" springs I picked up in it. Definitely changes the attitude IMO. Sure is weird seing the car with NEGATIVE camber, lol. Can't wait to get it aligned.

SDC11493.jpg

SDC11495.jpg

Thanks you. I know the pics are grainy and horrible, but I just wanted a before and after reference.

Musta changed the setting in my cam, pics are all noisy. Oh well.

Chingow, it's low. Thats stock springs in the front too.

SDC11498.jpg

man that looks good man, get it aligned and bring it on down into town

Geez, did you forget to put the springs back in after putting the SC&C kit in!?! You saw mine and it only went down between 7/8"-1", but I do have the 5658 springs in he front.

Yeah that might be a problem. The slicks will still stuff in there enough for the track. But the new 325 50s won't.

Yeah, I'm only on a 275/50 MT radial on a Centerline convo pro 15x7s(came on the car). I just dont think I have enough BS to tuck it, even with trimmed fenders.

Very Nice.

Here's what mine looks like with 1" lower at all four corners. Front rims and tires are stock size. Rear rims were widened to 8" with a 4 1/8" bs. 275/60/15 MT DRs out back. Gives it a slight rake, with out the stink-bug look.

P1010012.jpg

P1010013.jpg

P1010010.jpg

Happy spooling.

Mike Barnard

Clean ride Mike.

I did not think all the camber before getting it aligned would make it so much lower. After it is an inch higher, 25" to the fenderwell. So it did drop me about an inch even. Looks good, I think the stance is nailed. I'll get some pics later.

Wow, what a handling transformation! The kit definitely lives up to the hype. It feels so good to push it around without any percievable bumpsteer. It feels so much more confident and tracks like a modern car now. Go Savitske!

+1 regarding the handling transformation. The handling changed so drastically that I thought my power steering was going out....but it was just my tranny!!! :)

Stu, something isnt right up front. I assume your using the Stage 2 kit? The car shouldnt have dropped that much. The Stage 2 kit isnt going to change height from one car to another, it's a fixed 7/8" due to the lower ball joint. I dont think you got the right parts. I dont run the Stage 2 kit but are the lower BJ's bolt in? Did you mount them under the lower A-Arm or on top of them?

The only thing that lowers the car using this kit is the height of the lower ball joint. Measure the length of of and make sure it's only 7/8" longer than your stock ones were.

Nothing was wrong except my alignment. Check out my last post. Everything is very right :)

car is an all around package now. I've been driving the wheels off it.

Nothing was wrong except my alignment. Check out my last post. Everything is very right :)

car is an all around package now. I've been driving the wheels off it.

I see! Good for you man! I was a little worried when I first read the post, guess I should have kept reading. Lets see some pics.

Fronts look a tad too low since they will settle some but looks great anyway.

Back