You can type here any text you want

Lower is gooder.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Rubbing the tread on the wheelwell at the back, on turns on bumps. Cutting it out and making some sheetmetal blisters to patch it back up would work, buuuuut I sure would feel bad cutting them

Are you planning to drop a tire size? It looks great with thats stance though! Might be worth cutting a little. Have you thought about plastic welding?

It would be much easier for me to beat out some shallow recesses in sheetmetal ona sandbag and planishing hammer and riveting it in. I think the height and tire height is how I like it. I'll have to find a way around it. Shouldn't be hard, don't rub much. Without a passenger anyway.

Ill have some pics of my WE4 to compare to your GN later this week. I just did 5413 rear springs, and got about a full inch out back. The front of my car I changed springs to what I thought were drop springs, instead, it raised me up an inch! Doh! Right now Im at 26 3/4" up front. I have some chassis tech spindles on the way. I know I know, dont want to hear it! Im afraid the spindles will drop it too low though. If they do I will either change the springs again, or do the 5868's and the ball joints. Its just my daily cruiser. Oh and to add one more thing to all the talk here......... my 86GN sits MUCH lower than the 2 other 87's in the family :)

Been meaning to post this. With borrowed 18's.

SDC11521.jpg

alls i can say is sick!!!!!!!!!!! thats exactly how i want my cars stance...cant want my stage 2 plus kit is gonna be here tomorrow and i got eibachs for spring which mark said should be fine... i think i trust his word...well see....anyways the car looks the tits stu...u should pic up some 18s

with the Stage 2 and Eibach's I just put in my H/O, the front fender center height is at 25-1/4". They probably won't settle much more b/c the frame is on the LCA progressive bumpstop.

What alignment settings did you finish with? I was having a hard time getting less than 6* caster and left it at -1* camber for now. I had the rear adjuster all the way out, the front all the way in...

Here's what it looked like outside...
2010-45.jpg

2010-46.jpg

I am probably going to bump the ride height up slightly to help with the alignment settings (and it has sagged in the rear from these pics already).

Unbelievable difference in handling. It is tramlining a little on our fabulously crappy roads around here, probably due to the -1* of camber. I need to get that dialed out.

83hurstguy, I had a similar deal with my alignment, the lowest we could get the caster to was -8. I wasn't sure about having that much but man does it feel good at high speed. My front ride height is 23.8". My final alignment specs were -1/2 camber, -8 caster, and I think -1/2 for toe but I don't remember. I have the spc uppers, howe lower ball joints and qa1 economy coilovers. Btw ur car looks great.

Disco that car looks even better rollin!

Did you guys install the ZQ8 bump stops? Riding the frame on the bumpstops is not a good idea and will cause the front end to bounce of the bumpstops. Try to get at least 3/4" clearence between the frame and the stops.

Wanna Sell the Black Cat Fireworks Banner in the background?

ive never seen one that big before..... i wanna it.

A.j.

yep, the ZQ8's...

I'm letting the springs settle a bit, then getting the spacers. I'll actually order the spacers on Thurs this week. Gotta measure one more time.

2010-43.jpg

yep, the ZQ8's...

I'm letting the springs settle a bit, then getting the spacers. I'll actually order the spacers on Thurs this week. Gotta measure one more time.

2010-43.jpg

Wow, that is pretty close! Mark sells a nice set of spacers. Silver Fox on the board has used them with success.

Zq8s are a good idea. Mine sits on them, but they are meant to be progressive arent they?

Back