You can type here any text you want

Lowerin springs for drag racing?

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

Daniel Jost

Squirtin six
I was looking at putting in some sort of lowering spring in from gbodyparts.com but i don't know how they will be for weight transfer at the track, also were would i find the 90/10 front shocks, and the 40/60 rears.

Thanks in advance, Dan

IMO, installing lowering springs on a drag race specific application should be saved for when the car is running low 9's and faster in the 1/4 mile. It can and will only hurt your weight transfer on anything slower than that. Slamming the nose into the ground has a very negative affect on weight transfer. I don't recommend it if looking for the best weight transfer possible.

Summit or Jegs for the 90/10 front and don't know if I've ever seen 40/60 rear shocks. Most people just stick with OEM replacement 50/50 cheap shocks in the rear. Some people don't even change out the rear stock shocks until they get deep into the 10s. I had Sears OEM replacements on my old grey car the day I sold it to Avon. Best pass I made with them was a 10.07 @ 135. Suspension mods included, 90/10 front drag shocks, Front coil spring booster kit on stock '86 front coil springs (kit available at Autozone) no front sway bar, 15x3.5" skinny Pro Stars with 28" tall tire, South Side Machine rear lower control arms, Metco larger rear sway bar, dual air bags, pinion snubber, and stock upper control arms. 15x10" Pro Star with 28x10.5 MT ET Drag slick. Best 60ft on that setup was a 1.46.

PatscarRUQWKNF.jpg

patbg04.jpg

HTH

Patrick

OK that is one bad ass picture. I don't know exactly what you mean with the spring enhancers, could you elaborate on what exactly you mean..

Thanks for the help, Dan

Back