You can type here any text you want

lowering spring questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

my1stgn

looking at getting some lowering springs in the future. Would like to know which springs lower the car the most and provide the best performance. Could care less about ride comfort but also will take the car to the track and run m/t slicks with it. About 1/2 track 1/2 street car,

looking at getting some lowering springs in the future. Would like to know which springs lower the car the most and provide the best performance. Could care less about ride comfort but also will take the car to the track and run m/t slicks with it. About 1/2 track 1/2 street car,

Check out this thread: http://www.turbobuick.com/forums/br...ls/244936-moog-5658-front-spring-results.html

Also, I think these springs would be a very good choice for your intent: Savitske Classic & Custom - SPC Springs

Rob

Check out the Eibach Pro-Kit springs. I have them on my car and the drop is near an inch, yet you can still get decent tires in there. The good thing is that they are progressive rate, so they are also good for drag instead of this rock hard stiff ones that I think hotckis sells.

Just put Eibach`s on my 87 T and luv them ,great ride but more firm now for the track as weather improves.

Bad idea to lower the car if you plan to race...unless you don't care what the car runs or whether it launches/hooks very well...my car was lowered when I bought it...went through years and lots of money trying to get it to launch and hook...finally gave up and put it back to stock height...I'm still dialing it in but it seems to be hooking better...

Bad idea to lower the car if you plan to race...unless you don't care what the car runs or whether it launches/hooks very well...my car was lowered when I bought it...went through years and lots of money trying to get it to launch and hook...finally gave up and put it back to stock height...I'm still dialing it in but it seems to be hooking better...

Thats not always true. Many other suspension variables come into play here.

i had hotchkis lowering springs all the way around and w/ no front sway bar and drag shocks in front and could not get it to 60 ft very well. I switched back to stock springs in back and was rewarded w/ low 1.5's and pulling the left front tire off a few inches. I have them if your interested in buying the rear springs. they lower about 2 inches

i had hotchkis lowering springs all the way around and w/ no front sway bar and drag shocks in front and could not get it to 60 ft very well. I switched back to stock springs in back and was rewarded w/ low 1.5's and pulling the left front tire off a few inches. I have them if your interested in buying the rear springs. they lower about 2 inches

I comtemplated between hotchkis and eibachs when purchasing. At the time (not sure if they still are) the hotchkis were linear rate springs. This was your problem. Too stiff. The eibachs are progressive which are a bit more forgiving.

Check pinion angle!

Did you read any of the Moog 5658 thread? That is a fantastic thread. The Eibach/Hotchkis/ST springs arent alway the best way to go just because they have a brand name on them. The 5658 thread talks about many different springs. I would say go with the 5658's in the front and the 5413's in the rear if you are worried about how the car is going to launch. The 5413's are progressive rate and will lower your car just enough and still leave suspension travel for the track. Otherwise the 5385's will lower the car a little more than the 5413's.

Check pinion angle!

BTDT...as I stated I spent 2 years and lots of money trying to get the car to hook...all the suspension gurus I spoke to said lowering a car is not the best if you want it to hook...can it be done...I'm sure it can...but I got tired of trying...if you check out all the fast GN's you will find very many lowered...I did get low 1.5 60fts when it was lowered but never could do better...I'm looking for 1.4's...which car is very capable of if it hooks...

Actually if you look at any fast car turbobuick or not, they are as low to the ground as possible. Just because the majority of turbobuicks are drag raced cars and are essentially the same doesnt mean they know how to tune their suspensions. Our cars do well with stock suspensions so most people just install the basic suspension pieces and some Draglites and go racing. Lowered cars will do great at the strip as long as your set up is tuned properly. If you need proof, come over to Cordova, IL this fall and watch my car pull some 9's!

Nope you just have to get in that WE4 and cruise down here! Better get to it man!

BTW...... I need to have you PM me a list of the parts you could use. I have been doing some searching while I have been laid off.

Back