You can type here any text you want

Lowering Tech, Many questions

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I forgot to mention, you can get the howe lower ball joints to lower the front of the car another .5 to .75 inch if the springs don't lower it enough for you.

Any idea where I can find these, part number?? Thanks! ---Jeremy

There are many lowering spring options out there. I installed Moog 5660 in may car last night and theoretically they should have lowered my car but they did not, so now I'm going to cut them. The moog 5658 springs certainly lower the front end and have a little better spring rate to handle that stage motor. All the aftermarket springs like hotchkis, global west, suspension techniques, etc would all work as they lower the front end and are a little stiffer rates.

Any idea how much the Moog 5658 spring will lower the car?

That looks almost perfect. Did the springs help bring the front of the car up to help make up for the spindles?

Any idea how much the Moog 5658 spring will lower the car?

The 5658 springs would be about .5 inches lower than a stock spring. If your stock springs are old then they have started to sag so it may be about the same or even higher, but the springs can be cut to get the right ride height.

The ball joints can be found here. Savitske Classic & Custom

I have seen a car with the 5658s and the lower ball joints and it looked great. If I can dig up pics I'll post them.

That would be great! Thanks for the help!

Here's one.

12652d1145927427-86-t-type-houston-sale-buick-1.jpg

Original Parts Group Incorp.(Chevelle Parts, El Camino Parts, Monte Carlo Parts, GTO Parts, Cutlass Parts, Skylark Parts, Restoration Parts) has lowering springs for G-body cars. (OPGI.com) Under Monte Carlo you will find springs for both front and back ranging from 1",2" ,and 3". ;) Actually down the road was thinking of dropping the front 3" and the rear 2" they are a direct replacement for stock springs. Of coarse we only have 15"s and can get away with dropping and not rubbing. Think they(OPGI's) go for a buck sixty a pair. Non of this Eibach .5 to 1" drop. :o

Actually Intrax(either Summit or Jegs carry Intrax springs) make a complete lowering set(front and back) for 2 and a quarter. Drops the car I think 1.5 in front and 1.8 in the rear. Also QA1 makes a conversion coil over called the pro I think that adjusts from 1-3 inches. The bottom of the spring narrows and sits on the shock and the top of the spring widens and rests in the upper a-arm. Spring is shaped like a Tornado!:eek: Over 3 bills to do the front with the coil overs.:mad:

If you check out opgi when you go under suspension(Monte Carlo) hit see more and a longer list will come up. You will see low profile springs, they have spring for V8's,V6's with or without AC they are 164 a pair. Good luck getting the lowered meaner stance,

84TX, what is the measurement from the ground to the top of your fender lip with the 5660's?

84TX, what is the measurement from the ground to the top of your fender lip with the 5660's?

26.5 inches

I didn't measure the ones before but they were worn-out stock springs. I wasn't really shocked when the 5660s raised my car a little(.5 inches I'd guess). I'll take them back out and cut a half coil until i get the ride height I want.

Original Parts Group Incorp.(Chevelle Parts, El Camino Parts, Monte Carlo Parts, GTO Parts, Cutlass Parts, Skylark Parts, Restoration Parts) has lowering springs for G-body cars. (OPGI.com) Under Monte Carlo you will find springs for both front and back ranging from 1",2" ,and 3". ;) Actually down the road was thinking of dropping the front 3" and the rear 2" they are a direct replacement for stock springs. Of coarse we only have 15"s and can get away with dropping and not rubbing. Think they(OPGI's) go for a buck sixty a pair. Non of this Eibach .5 to 1" drop. :o

Actually Intrax(either Summit or Jegs carry Intrax springs) make a complete lowering set(front and back) for 2 and a quarter. Drops the car I think 1.5 in front and 1.8 in the rear. Also QA1 makes a conversion coil over called the pro I think that adjusts from 1-3 inches. The bottom of the spring narrows and sits on the shock and the top of the spring widens and rests in the upper a-arm. Spring is shaped like a Tornado!:eek: Over 3 bills to do the front with the coil overs.:mad:

If you check out opgi when you go under suspension(Monte Carlo) hit see more and a longer list will come up. You will see low profile springs, they have spring for V8's,V6's with or without AC they are 164 a pair. Good luck getting the lowered meaner stance,

I'm wondering if we should order springs for a V6 or V8 car??? We do have the extra weight of turbo, intercooler, etc on our cars? Also, I wonder if the F41 option makes any difference?? I was thinking of ordering these:
Chevelle Parts, El Camino Parts, Monte Carlo Parts, GTO Parts, Cutlass Parts, Skylark Parts, Restoration Parts
These are for a Monte SS. The reason I was thinking about these is becasue the Monte SS's had F41 suspension as well and the hit is for a 2" drop with a V8. i only want to be about 1.5" drop in the front and maybe since we are a little lightre than a V8, this will sit me about perfect? There is a whole list of different springs that can be checked out here:
Chevelle Parts, El Camino Parts, Monte Carlo Parts, GTO Parts, Cutlass Parts, Skylark Parts, Restoration Parts

They have V6 monte, V8 Monte, Monte SS, malibu, etc

Lowering the front.

Since the back end is alredy lowered if you can afford the QA1 GM economy coil over conversion kit for drag racing or street performance.:cool:

Remove existing shock and springs and the QA1 economy Pro bolts right in. Steel body allows ride height adjustment. Allows up to 3" lowering of car. No guess work as to weight of intercooler,AC etc,etc. :rolleyes:

Model #122-GME1450-3 for cars front end weight=1900- 2100 lbs (450lb.spring)or the 122-GME1350-3 for cars whose front end weight is 1700-1900lbs utilizes a 350lb spring. These would allow you to adjust to your satification rather then guessing.:confused: They are for the pair $352. Fits Monte Carlo 73-88 and Cutlass,Regal 73-87.

Jegs carries them thats the way to go if you can afford them.;)

Those sound pretty darn nice! I am assuming the heavier weight is for the V8's? I wonder if you have to get an alignment everytime you change the ride height?

oops, meant to post in another thread... brought this back from the dead

Back