M&A Cylinder Head Rocker Arms

FlightTest

Does anyone out there with the old aluminum M&A cylinder heads remember what stud mounted roller rockers they use. I want to play with some different rocker ratios. If memory serves they were regular crane 1.65 ratio small block chevy rocker arms but I am not sure. Anybody have a part number or something out there I can cross reference with?

Thank you!

You should convert over to shaft mounted rockers. The stud mounted rockers don't wear well with this head.

The ones that came with mine, on my old White '87 Limited, were Crane Energizer 1.60 ratio, 3/8 stud rockers. I had one of the last good sets of Stage 3a M&As left in the country at the time.

Looking at my Crane catalog page 568, shows a set for Chevy V6, which should work just fine. Crane PN 11746-12

crn-11746-12_w.jpg

Crane Cams 11746-12 - - summitracing.com

Assuming your heads have standard 3/8" rocker studs.

Hope this helps.

Patrick

Thanks for the responses, I am going to try a couple different ratios for fun. I would love to find a shaft roller setup but the ones I have seen are big bucks. I have heard TA sells the valve cover gaskets and I should get a new set the next time I have the valve covers off because the stock ones have stretched like crazy. I have almost 120,000 miles on my M&A heads already.

Does anyone have a spare set of shaft rockers?
Thanks!

I would get the T&D rockers as they have the correct offset for the M&A heads. I never cared for the way the non shaft mount rockers sat.......

Thank you very much for the input Mike. I bought the set of heads from you a long, long time ago. Does T&D still make the shaft mounted setup?

not really sure but I bet they would make a set for you, they may have a set on the shelf that they want to get rid of too
Mike