You can type here any text you want

Man I am pissed about my suspension!!!

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
Don't be discouraged by being slow. Most of us are slow since we don't work on cars every day. I'm a 60 yr old mechanical engineer and I'm not fast or necessarily good all the time. I will admit that I'm invaribly much faster when I do a job for the SECOND time (after screwing it up the first time)!

Take your time and do it right. If you can do the timing cover, the rest of the stuff should be easy for you. Join the local turbo Buick club and they WILL help you! Where did you say you live during summers? What are you studying in college?

Conrad Carter
Albemarle, NC

About the shocks, will Gabriel shocks be good enough for a street/ occasional strip combo? Or KYB, Koni, Bilsteins be a better choice? The QA1's are a little more than I want to spend at the moment. Besides, the car is only being prepared for street duty and some mid 11 to low 12 1/4 mile times.

My car runs 11's with Gabriel shocks. I might add that I have an air bag in the rear passenger spring. BTW one of my local club members runs 10's with the same shocks.

I agree with all these guys, you can do the suspension yourself. Its NOT hard. Not much holds those shocks in, and even less holds those springs in!

I did a rear suspension swap (spring and shocks, and bushings and sway bar) in about 2 hours in my 1 car garage with hand tools! I am not expert mechanic either. I just dab in it.

Listen to these guys, you can do it yourself. Just do a little reading first for you own safety and aggrivation.

Don't be discouraged by being slow. Most of us are slow since we don't work on cars every day. I'm a 60 yr old mechanical engineer and I'm not fast or necessarily good all the time. I will admit that I'm invaribly much faster when I do a job for the SECOND time (after screwing it up the first time)!

Take your time and do it right. If you can do the timing cover, the rest of the stuff should be easy for you. Join the local turbo Buick club and they WILL help you! Where did you say you live during summers? What are you studying in college?

Conrad Carter
Albemarle, NC

I live in Murrieta, CA during the summers (Southern Cali between LA and San Diego). I go to the University of Redlands which is in San Bernardino, CA, east of LA and where I live. I am as of right now a double major in Business Administration and Economics with a minor in Asian Studies. The reason I have an Asian Studies minor is because this fall I will be studying in Hong Kong, China and the courses I will be taking over there cover both business and the Asian Studies aspect.

Well, look at it this way, when your done with school you'll be making good money and will be able to afford to fix the car! Good luck with you studies. The field your heading toward booming, I can't find hardly anything made in the USA now.:eek:

Back