You can type here any text you want

Manual Brakes

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!
I may sound Dumb! But what do you mean by Ratio?? I don't think the Master is the issue here. I have an adjustable Regulator. I may play with that. And I replaced the front Hoses with the Stainless braided, and I found that the Holes were pretty tiny.. I think I have a pressure loss problem. The Pedal
is hard. Travels not too far down. I have no air in the system. So I will figure it out.

The pedal ratio is the ratio of the distances between your brake pedal's fulcrum, the location of the clevis connecting it to the master, and where your foot goes on the pedal:

pedal-ratio.gif

If you don't have the proper pedal ratio for the master cylinder you're using, you'll either get too much or not enough mechanical advantage when you hit the brakes. Too much and you'll be annoyed by constantly locking up your brakes, too little and the car won't stop because you can't apply enough force to the master. It makes a HUGE difference if the pedal ratio is off.

The ratio he is referring to is the pivot point of your brake pedal. Did you drill another hole and change the geometry of your stock pedal or did you leave it alone?

Mike
I installed the Rod at the same location as when I had the Power master. When I was under the Dash I saw that the Rod/Pedal/alignment looked all
good. I will do your method and see how that goes. I appreciate all your help. I may have over looked this..Not sure!
But anything is worth a try at this point. After doing some research, I don't think that my 1" Bore Master is not to blame.
Thanks again guys. When I get the car back home I will get this solved. I don't want to end up in the Corn Field at 160 + MPH

Joe

Mike
I installed the Rod at the same location as when I had the Power master. When I was under the Dash I saw that the Rod/Pedal/alignment looked all
good. I will do your method and see how that goes. I appreciate all your help. I may have over looked this..Not sure!
But anything is worth a try at this point. After doing some research, I don't think that my 1" Bore Master is not to blame.
Thanks again guys. When I get the car back home I will get this solved. I don't want to end up in the Corn Field at 160 + MPH

Joe

If you indeed used the stock Powermaster pedal and didn't move the clevis point, your pedal ratio is way off. The Powermaster used an even lower pedal ratio than a conventional vacuum brake system. It isn't nearly enough for a manual system.

good read up. Gives me some hope that it's a simple fix..2 feet on the Pedal is not normal to stop the car.

Back