Manual trans upgrade or not?

3.8 TURBO LUV

Just putting my thought out to guys on the site. I have a 87 National engine, but no auto trans. I do have a Borg Warner 5 speed manual that will bolt up to the national engine. What do you guys think is this a cool upgrade or should I get a factory auto.
Mike.

You might have the trans/bellhousing and such but do you have the pedal, and associated parts? Are you going into a g body or something else?

autos arent as good for turbos as autos ... just saying! If gm thought so they would have made a 5 speed

HEY GUYS I HAVE A 1985 GN TRYIN TO Convert my 85' Grand National motor to an 86'-87' IM DRIVEING TO GO GET THE COMPLETE MOTOR

Yes it bolts up. This Borg Warner trans was made to be bolted up to a 3.8 Buick 231 engine which has the same bell housing bolt pattern as the National engine. My only concern with doing this is I heard the National engine is externally balanced & putting a solid fly wheel in place of the auto flex plate made knock the engine out of balance.
I'm putting this engine tranny combo in my fathers old 1980 Chevy luv pickup. Already bought brackets to bolt everything right up to factory Luv chassis.
Mike.