You can type here any text you want

Max Effort R Car stalls in gear.

Welcome!

By registering with us, you'll be able to discuss, share and private message with other members of our community.

SignUp Now!

V8killR4U

Installed new ME-R chip with Power Logger. Car idles decent, but stalls when put into gear. TPS and IAC numbers look decent. Tried adding Drive idle fuel. POS 5 and still no good? The other ME chip with MAF runs fine however. Any idea on what else to try?

I cant remember what they are off the top of my head but i believe around 20-25.

It has been a while since I used the ME-R and I have never used a regular ME. With that disclaimer, did you open the idle screw to the point where the IAC wasn't making any corrections? It seems like Steve Y. didn't want the IAC jumping in there and trying to adjust things but wanted it controlled by the ME-R. It also seems like there were two idle settings to change also.

Sorry, not much help.

Sully

Is your P/N switch functioning?? Absolutely necessa
im not exactly sure what u mean by is my p/n switch working? i will say this my map wasnt reading got that squared away, but the reading is high according to what Eric said it should be round 25-30. mines reads 48-50. i adjusted pos d, park idle from 6 to 30 somthng if memory serves me correctly. the car doesnt stall. but im not sure why pos d cured the problem and not pos 5? how do i get my blms dwn? should my numbers be so off from the default settings? what about this p/n switch u refer to. i need sum guidance.

Park / Neutral switch. Factory switch is in the steering column. Sometimes when people upgrade to aftermarket shifter, they disable the factory switch. Even if you still have the factory switch, it might be out of adjustment.
Your Park idle and Drive idle adjustments that you're playing with are determined by the P/N switch.

Park / Neutral switch. Factory switch is in the steering column. Sometimes when people upgrade to aftermarket shifter, they disable the factory switch. Even if you still have the factory switch, it might be out of adjustment.
Your Park idle and Drive idle adjustments that you're playing with are determined by the P/N switch.

If im able to adjust those numbers to what i want them to read on the Scan master then this shouldnt be a problem right. Right now i have to turn the steering column to get the numbers to adjust.

If im able to adjust those numbers to what i want them to read on the Scan master then this shouldnt be a problem right. Right now i have to turn the steering column to get the numbers to adjust.

By the way i do have a 200 trans now

Right now i have to turn the steering column to get the numbers to adjust.

Do you also turn the steering column every time you put the car in Drive at idle? If not, the ECM thinks you are in Park all the time, which will cause the car to go way lean when you drop it into Drive. You can get by for now by raising the Park idle fuel adjustment up real high, but it will idle real rich when you actually are in Park.

Do you also turn the steering column every time you put the car in Drive at idle? If not, the ECM thinks you are in Park all the time, which will cause the car to go way lean when you drop it into Drive. You can get by for now by raising the Park idle fuel adjustment up real high, but it will idle real rich when you actually are in Park.

THis is what i do to adjust numbers on the SM. I place the car in Park, Turn the steering column to the right (clock wise), to adjust the numbers, when im done i turn the steerling column back (counter clockwise) as far as it will go. Start the car and thats it and put it in D or R to go. So if Im suppose to turn the steerling column some direction when its in Drive, I dont. I just leave it all the way back counter clock wise. How do I fic this P/N switch. Is this the linkage under neath the car that hooks to the trans ?

Sorry I just want to be thorough and make sure, cuz ive never got a CHIP from STEVE or ERIC and had to adjust it that much from the default.Which might explain why adding number to POS D "Park Idle" curred the car from stalling. and Adding numbers to POS 5 "Drive Idle" did nothing.

Would you say thats part of what my problem is now ?

Yes I would say thats the problem. The ECM thinks its in Park all the time.

There is linkage that should connect the tranny to the steering column so it moves when you move the shifter.

Sounds like it's just out of adjustment. A scantool that shows P/N switch such as Turbolink makes it much easier to adjust. You could just use some trial and error and probably get it right.
You can see the rod that goes to the steering column from under the hood. It's adjusted from under the car. Follow the rod down and you'll see a 13mm bolt. Just loosen and adjust 1/4" or so. If it doesn't help, go the other way.
You can also use your reverse switch to help (it's in there too) Just make sure your reverse lights are coming on when in reverse. Good Luck. You will like the chip when it's right.

p.s. Eric, I need a couple chips for a local build. Plus, I owe you some money for my WideBand update. Will get with you offline.

Sounds like it's just out of adjustment. A scantool that shows P/N switch such as Turbolink makes it much easier to adjust. You could just use some trial and error and probably get it right.
You can see the rod that goes to the steering column from under the hood. It's adjusted from under the car. Follow the rod down and you'll see a 13mm bolt. Just loosen and adjust 1/4" or so. If it doesn't help, go the other way.
You can also use your reverse switch to help (it's in there too) Just make sure your reverse lights are coming on when in reverse. Good Luck. You will like the chip when it's right.

p.s. Eric, I need a couple chips for a local build. Plus, I owe you some money for my WideBand update. Will get with you offline.

Thanks for the input guys, l didnt think that chip was off that much usally the defaults are close. Just a case where the P/N switch need to be hooked back up.

thanks Again!

Ya I thought that sounded weird. If you are adding fuel to idle circuit (in Drive) it should make a difference. Adding numbers in Park takes more fuel away (eg 0 in the Park setting would be about the same fueling as in Drive, even though it may not be needed due to less load in Park).
Let us know how it works.

What temp is the radiator fan programmed to come on? Can that be changed in the chip by me?

Back